Changing Garmin 200 for Upgrade..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the Bryton is ANT + enabled you should be able to add Ant+ sensors no problems (Cadence, HR, etc) but you might want to check before you buy :thumbsup:
Thanks, Evans emailed me back saying if it is set up "properly" it will work with a turbo trainer. Probably go for this option and the Bryton range seem to get good reviews, then again so do Garmin

Kies

Watch - No
Phone - Yes, in my pocket

@Rob3rt and @HLaB

i am going to buy you both a £2.99 casio watch for Christmas :-)

Hi would this combo work for outdoor and turbo trainer indoor?

Bryton Rider 40E GPS
Bryton ANT+ Speed/Cadence Combo Sensor for Rider GPS
As far as I know all Bryton are Ant+ even the rider 20, the 20 however doesn't have any sort of mapping at all. I had a 35 which was very accurate, but I couldnt use how I would have liked hence the Garmin 500, the only bug I have found with it is on longer rides the refresh on the breadcrumb lags a little, and the more often than not max cad. peaking at over 130rpm, I struggle beyond about 105rpm.

As far as I know all Bryton are Ant+ even the rider 20, the 20 however doesn't have any sort of mapping at all. I had a 35 which was very accurate, but I couldnt use how I would have liked hence the Garmin 500, the only bug I have found with it is on longer rides the refresh on the breadcrumb lags a little, and the more often than not max cad. peaking at over 130rpm, I struggle beyond about 105rpm.
The max cadence probably isnt a bug, just at some point you've backpedalled and instantly forward pedalled and maybe did this a couple of times making the sensor pick up twice within a second resultin in a spike :thumbsup:

The max cadence probably isnt a bug, just at some point you've backpedalled and instantly forward pedalled and maybe did this a couple of times making the sensor pick up twice within a second resultin in a spike :thumbsup:
I have noticed that and try and avoid it, but I still get the odd ones. Its sometimes in exces of 200.

Born2die

Don't any of you wear a watch or take a phone with you. What is this obsession with a clock?
I have my hrm watch on the bars tells me the time fine add to that 200 and my phone I'm well set

Yeah I do like the Garmin 500 from what ive read.

If I done a route, say for example Edinburgh to Glasgow and the following week I did the exact same route is there a way that I can race myself and it will show me if I am ahead of my previous time?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah I do like the Garmin 500 from what ive read.

If I done a route, say for example Edinburgh to Glasgow and the following week I did the exact same route is there a way that I can race myself and it will show me if I am ahead of my previous time?

yes, it's call virtual partner.

brillant, thanks Ian. Thats the deciding factor for me as I cycle routes by myself so I need something that will show me if im slacking or if I need to push myself.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
brillant, thanks Ian. Thats the deciding factor for me as I cycle routes by myself so I need something that will show me if im slacking or if I need to push myself.

However.... as I have said before. If you are planning on putting your own routes and courses on the device to follow. It's the luck of the draw if you get one that works properly. You can read about the problem (of which Garmin have never fixed) on the Garmin forums.

Top Bottom