Changing gear on a Triban 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phillc

Veteran
Sorry about the stupid question, l have just bought the above bike, have not ridden one for years. have not got a clue how the gear change works. Went out on it this morning pressed the little levers on the brake levers gently down expecting the gears to changed and nothing happened. Before I phone decathlon and make a fool of myself am I missing something I should be doing. I would be grateful for quick replies as I need to contact them if somethings wrong.

Happy Cycling
Phill

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Press the brake lever inwards to change up, and if it's lower end Shimano STI there is a lever on the inside of the brake hood to change down. You do need to be pedalling for the gears to change.

defy-one

Don't listen to them about braking. If you push the little button on the top of the headset, the parachute will deploy and speed will decrease :-)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344204957.257557.jpg

NeonXIII

Regular
Hi, total newb here so forgive me but I still don't quite understand how to change gears on my Triban 3.
I assumed it was the little thing sticking out on the left but that's not working x_x

://i46.tinypic.com/2821b9s.jpg

NeonXIII

Regular
Hahaha! I'm ashamed to admit that I took pressing the brake lever inwards as simply squeezing the brake lever... Which of course just caused me to slow down...

I've figured it out now though, thanks!

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
I had the same thing when I picked up my roadie. Looking back, me and the father-in-law standing in the garden pressing random bits trying to get the gears to move was hilarious.

Frankieabbott

Regular
Bit af a shock but now that I have my specs on I see that the topic heading was 'Changing gear on a Triban 3', and not 'Taking gear on a Triban 3' !

Top Bottom