Changing search engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I run XP on here and Yahoo was set as the search engine from the toolbar. Somewhere along the line I changed it to Google somehow accidentaly.

I'd like to get it back to Yahoo as it was easier to set the search to UK pages only.

Or is there an easier way to define Google to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Laymans terms only please.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Hey, it worked!

col

Legendary Member
Go into tools,then internet options,and change it in the homepage box,might work?

kyuss

Veteran
It's dead easy to search UK pages in google. Under the bit you put the search terms in are the 'google search' and 'I'm feeling lucky' tabs, then under that are two search criteria buttons, 'the web' and 'pages from the UK'. Just select the one you want.

domtyler

Über Member
If you're using MS Internet Explorer then you are missing out on a far superior browser in Mozilla Firefox.

Jaded

However, if you have the Google toolbar, sometimes you don't get the UK option on the bar. I'm not sure how to change this.

If you search on .com you don't get the UK box to tick. You have to search on .co.uk

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks all, I done it. John Pontings "tennis racket" was a very useful bit of advice.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Dom - How is Firefox far superior? I have heard of it but can see no problem with what I am using now :biggrin:.

Top Bottom