Chapeau from Hackney! Leigh-o-S routes anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkman

Über Member
Hi all, posting in the hope that someone can suggest a good route from Hackney to Leigh-on-Sea. Finding Strava routing difficult as it can’t cope with by-ways it would seem.

A recent train trip showed us some features we’d never imagined were there from our few road journeys in that direction.
Want to cycle there with my wife but don’t have the time to recce it out on my own. Any help much appreciated.
Best from Marko!

What sort of bikes are you planning on using Marko? If it's something with wider tyres it makes the last couple of miles into Leigh much more scenic, as you can go along the marsh path from Benfleet station. If it's road bikes then it's a different route.

Here's a skinny tyred route that's somewhat based on the annual London-Southend ride. It also loops past Leigh on Sea and back along Southend Sea Front - but don't worry - the last 10-15 miles are pan-flat so although it's 60 miles the last bit's easy :smile:

You can go a much more direct route, mainly parallel to the A13/A127 and somewhat in between them which could take you via Benfleet and the track across the marshes straight to Leigh. Or, if you were on mountain bikes, you could turn off half-way along the same track from Benfleet Station and ride the Olympic MTB trails in Hadleigh Park and come out 5 mintes from Leigh on Sea.

OP
OP
M

Milkman

Über Member
hey Specialeyes thanks, for a start your link tipped me off to https://ridewithgps.com not heard of this one its very useful.

We're not on MTBs but are riding 32Cs so we might explore the thames side route rather than the London-Southend. Cheers!

Top Bottom