Charging a Garmin from my Ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cosmic674

Hi everyone, thanks for having me.
I have a question about the ability of charging a Garmin Edge Touring from the USb point on the Bosch Intuvia diplay on my Cube E bike.
Does anyone have any info on this please??
Cheers

si_c

Guru
Bosch website says you can charge a smartphone from it and Garmin devices tend to be less picky than smartphones about power source, so should be OK.

Bosch website says you can charge a smartphone from it and Garmin devices tend to be less picky than smartphones about power source, so should be OK.
I contacted Garmin about charging a Touring unit from a hub a few years ago and their answer was vague, explicitly only endorsing one particular charging unit.
My advice would be to contact Garmin Customer Service (sic & Good luck^_^). Damaging the battery will render your unit as good as useless so an email trail will help cover your ass in a worst case scenario.

Mike_P

Guru
All USB charging points should be regulated to 5v and I would have thought Bosch would be about the last manufacturer to pull a fast one in that respect. Where charging points vary is the amount of current they provide but the amount of drawn current is dictated by the device that is plugged in.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have done this so can confirm it works.

I read somewhere the Bosch Intuvia USB outlet is relatively weedy compared to some, but there's certainly enough poke for a Garmin.

One problem may be some Garmins don't like being used while plugged into a charging source.

A powerbank is just as easy in most applications.

My Garmin Touring will nearly go all day on its own battery, so it only needs an hour at the cafe stop on a powerbank to get over the line.

Top Bottom