Charging question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have an Mousetache Friday 28.7 e bike with a Bosch motor.

This is a general question.

Do you have to charge your computer battery independently using a usb lead. Or is it always charged automatically when you charge the bikes battery?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think the answer to the question may depend on which display you have.

My Bosch ebikes have the relatively old and clunky square Intuvia display.

If removed from the bike it continues to function, albeit I've only ever done that for a couple of minutes when I reset the time.

Thus I've never had problems with a flat Intuvia display, but more than that I cannot really say.

I have a Purion display with my bike
I believe that it can take one of those flat round batteries - but it has never worked without the main battery being in place
and it certainly cannot be charged with a usb lead (the usb port is - annoyingly - only there for dealers to use with the magic software that no-one else is allowed near!)

I presume from you question that your display is different - might help if you say which one it is please?
thanks

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It is the Bosch Smartphone hub.

My problem is I charge the bike battery while it sits on the bike. I ride for a couple of kms and the power on the bike shuts down. As you ride, you can see the battery is full and you have 100+ kms of distance in the battery.

Just beforee it cuts out a battery with a line across it appears on the screen . I have taken it to 3 Bosch mechanics who have done diagnostic checks on it and say they cannot find anything wrong. On the second one I rode it 12km and left it overnight. The following morning I rode about 300m and the same thing happened.

It is now at the 3rd Bosch Mechanic who has done the diagnostic test and found nothing wrong. Been on several rides and found nothing wrong.

The problem is that they are not going on 20km rides that could deplete a faulty controller battery. They are going 50 metres up the road.

I think the controller or the battery in the controller is at fault. I have explained this to the mechanic but its like talking to yourself. He says because there is no fault with the bike and the work he has carried out is not covered by warranty and so it will be £100. I have to pay this before taking it from the shop.

My plan is to do a 50km ride in the area of the shop as it is over an hours drive from home. If it fails again, I will return it to the shop and ask them for a refund and to fix it under warranty .

I think the computer battery is discharging as I ride but is not recharging from the main bike battery as I go along. The computer battery can only hold power for a limited amount of kms before it runs out.

Does this make sense?

Screenshot_20230704_155936_Chrome.jpg

If the bike is new then you should certainly return it to the place where you bought it and askfor a refund

I would also start (unless you have already) keeping a log of every time you ride it and how long it goes
preferably with pictures and including the mileage

Might also be worth contacting Bosch directly

Good Luck

Top Bottom