Charging the Lezyne Zecto Drive LED lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DarrenH

Afternoon, evening CC'ers

For christmas, my dad purchased these lights for me and they where great, but when I came to charge them, I could not do so on either my Apple iMac, my dads PC and I have two usb plugs all to no avail. So I got my dad to send them back for another set and still the same.

They say that all you need is either a USB port or a wall charger (to be purchased separately) to charge them. Does anyone on here have these lights for similar and have any problems.

Darren

siadwell

Guru
Is the green charging LED flashing when you are charging them?
The charging port on mine is rather awkward - the rubber cover tends to push the plug so that it doesn't make proper contact and stops charging. I have a charger for a BlackBerry that seems to work better than others (it's a standard micro USB).

D

Deleted member 23692

Due to the low amperage of USB socket, they take an age to charge when plugged into a computer. Faster charging is achieved with a proper mains charger... for which I use the one for my phone

OP
OP
DarrenH

DarrenH

Is the green charging LED flashing when you are charging them?
The charging port on mine is rather awkward - the rubber cover tends to push the plug so that it doesn't make proper contact and stops charging. I have a charger for a BlackBerry that seems to work better than others (it's a standard micro USB).
No lights, no flashing nothing.

edit:
I have had another go at charging them and I do get a green flashing light, however I have really push the usb cable into the led light for it to charge, if I get go it stops charging. It works in theory, but not in practice .

Last edited:

CRVFR

Mine charges OK if I use the Lezyne USB cable provided, but if I try to use the cable from my Samsung smartphone it doesn't seem to connect properly. No idea why. My Cateye light charges up with no issues with my phone charger.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
As @CRVFR said use the provided leads. I have had problemes with other leads so try to only use the provided leads.

Top Bottom