Charity blog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
Thought I'd drop a quick note - and apologies if this is not the right place - to say that I am writing a not-so serious blog about my experiences getting back on a bike and beginning training for the Ride London event for MS Society.
bearonatrike-web2.jpg

As I am fund-raising there is a Just Donate button just to let you know.

Hope you like...

Attachments

• bearonatrike-web2.jpg
    bearonatrike-web2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Good luck with the blog, fundraising and more importantly the training.

If you wan't to make it round the 100 miles I would highly recommend a road bike.

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
Good luck with the blog, fundraising and more importantly the training.

If you wan't to make it round the 100 miles I would highly recommend a road bike.
Hah. The name refers to looking like a bear on a trike as I am an ex-rugby forward who started off a fair bit overweight!

And thank you. Have had an initial burst of funds and nearly a quarter of the way to the target already.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Good luck and have fun, writing and riding. As a MS sufferer (albeit a more 'gentle' Relapsing Remitting type) I always appreciate the sentiment and support others show towards research about it. I ride when I can and used to be in the well overwieght category too (my other half calls me Bear as well). So I'll follow your progress on the blog, well done on the charity funding. :okay:

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
Good luck and have fun, writing and riding. As a MS sufferer (albeit a more 'gentle' Relapsing Remitting type) I always appreciate the sentiment and support others show towards research about it. I ride when I can and used to be in the well overwieght category too (my other half calls me Bear as well). So I'll follow your progress on the blog, well done on the charity funding. :okay:

:blush: Thanks. I have a MS-suffering friend who has moved to Australia to get some comfort with their climate and an acquaintance, comic artist John Hicklenton, had MS and went to dignitas in the end. :sad:

I've got the easy part in all this!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Part three of my cycling for charity blog's bear on a trike is up.
View attachment 80236

This one is excellent.

Tim Hall

That's a good read. Especially: "Meanwhile the fixies look down their immaculately sculpted faces and salmon trousers that just show a little bit of ankle at the whole lot."

I may have to bung you a few quiud.

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
That's a good read. Especially: "Meanwhile the fixies look down their immaculately sculpted faces and salmon trousers that just show a little bit of ankle at the whole lot."

I may have to bung you a few quiud.
Thank you. :okay:
Literally everything helps...already at a third with little donations!

Top Bottom