Charles Bronson could be released from prison soon, after 50 years inside. How would you cope after so long, if you were released?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
His Moustache would be an asset to society. Release him immediately.

For the film 'Bronson' he shaved it off to be used as a prop.

Being in prison doesn't mean you have no knowledge of the outside world.

He will certainly be well aware of how prices have changed with inflation, and will know perfectly well what mobile phones are. He will almost certainly have had aTV in his cell for much of his sentence.

And during the last few months inside, he will have been given advice and support on living outside.

It shouldn't be as hard to adjust as you suggest.

In theory no, but my clients who were inside say it can be incredibly difficult. I had one who was sent to prison when all mobile phones were small things made by Nokia with keypads and suddenly everyone around him was using smart phones. He had a difficult time getting used to things, which of course made him inclined to seek out old aquaintances, with all the problems that can bring. Readjusting can be a lot harder than we realise.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
He will become a celebrity outside and make a fortune out of his crimes.

Yes I agree, if he gets out. His crimes outside weren't the most dispicable I've heard of, but violence against prison staff and fellow inmates has I think earned him his reputation. One could say that most of his crimes inside were just becasue he didn't cope with being caged. Maybe he'll be ok if he gets out? But I can see him doing an interview for the highest bidder, probably Operah or similar

I would change my name from Charles Bronson to a more currently well known action movie star, perhaps Vin Diesel . For Youngsters of Today, Charles Bronson may as well be Audie Murphy.

I would probably take up one of the many offers of marriage. Or all of them.

I would take up the generous tabloid offers to "write" my autobiography. The People have a right to know about me.

I might become a media pundit on crime and prison affairs.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
  • In 2014, he changed his name, again, to Charles Salvador

From memory he has been 'released' before and didn't last that long 'outside'.

Sadly as institutionalised as the institutions he resides in...

Top Bottom