Chat with lady BMW driver this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Legendary Member
FWIW I think it is a stupid ASL really. If they needed to allow extra space for long vehicles turning into the junction they should have moved all the stop lines back a bit & put in a full width box.

Completely agree.

It is confusing. Have they extended the ASL into the straight ahead lane by mistake?
 
Completely agree.

It is confusing. Have they extended the ASL into the straight ahead lane by mistake?

I wouldn't have thought so - if anything it's there for turning right, I'd guess.
 
OP
OP
D

dand_uk

Guru
FWIW I think it is a stupid ASL really. If they needed to allow extra space for long vehicles turning into the junction they should have moved all the stop lines back a bit & put in a full width box.


to be fair i'm not sure the ASL is necessary. Early on in cycling to work, if there was a queue i'd push my way to the front only to be followed by 3 or 4 impatient motons after the lights changed til they reached a decent overtaking spot. nowadays i'll take my space in the queue of cars to avoid the 4 cars behind feeling. If i'm a few cars back from the stop line then i can keep up with the cars until the NSL sign where there's a potential overtake space so i'm in a better situation.
 

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Location
'ampsheeeer
to be fair i'm not sure the ASL is necessary. Early on in cycling to work, if there was a queue i'd push my way to the front only to be followed by 3 or 4 impatient motons after the lights changed til they reached a decent overtaking spot. nowadays i'll take my space in the queue of cars to avoid the 4 cars behind feeling. If i'm a few cars back from the stop line then i can keep up with the cars until the NSL sign where there's a potential overtake space so i'm in a better situation.


I think ASLs have their place more for when traffic is gridlocked. I'm loathe to use them if theres only a couple of cars there for the same reasons you mention.
 
Top Bottom