Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From your latest post, I can empathise with the height of the Dutch; I spend a fair bit of time Leiden and am dwarfed by most of the Dutch.

Also, I reckon Mexico can appoint you as unofficial Tourism Minister, you have made Mexico an unmissable destination with the pictures and friendliness of the people.

Thanks😊

For months I've been hearing how dangerous Mexico is, so such positive experiences are a real contrast to what I was conditioned for.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
In the UK ... I might get a finger or two raised from a steering wheel
Yeah, I get that quite often ... unfortunately! ;)

Thanks for the kind words. It might seem like Hobbes is just some stuffed material, but he's come to represent far more than that.

Besides, from the comic strip he's obviously a very witty, intelligent and keen observer of human nature - not a bad thing in a travelling companion!^_^

Without meaning to deliberately heighten the suspense (:laugh:) I'm off the bike for the next while. I'll let the travelogue catch up with me a day at a time:tongue:

I've made a slight change to the format including the climbing & descending as well as the min & max heights. I thought it might help people get a clearer picture.

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements I'm all ears - so long as it's not too much extra work. Please remember that all this is being done on a phone! Plus, internet connectivity (or at least decent connectivity) is increasingly difficult.

If anyone is genuinely worried, Hobbes on Tour is also on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/HobbesOnTour
I try to post something every day, when possible - it's really just a way of letting the most people know that I'm still alive! ^_^

Since posting the photos is the most difficult here, that can lead to a delay in updating the Travelogue.

My genuine & sincere thanks to the @Moderators for allowing both the travelogue and this chat thread. Logistically it is much easier for me.

I am really enjoying writing this. I heartily recommend it to anyone. Not only is it a great way to remember so many little details that would otherwise be forgotten quickly, it is a great exercise to do at the end of the day just to recognise what has been achieved, enjoyed and to put the tough times into perspective.

My thanks also to all those reading this. Travelling solo has its advantages & disadvantages. Knowing that there's a group of people following along is very heartening.

To any lurkers out there, don't be afraid to post something too, or ask a question. I've a few weeks learning Spanish so this is as good a time as any. There's no dumb questions - just maybe my dumb answers:smile:

Durango is beautiful.
It is indeed!
There's a lovely vibe to the city.
In fact, I considered staying here to learn Spanish when my original plan seemed to be unravelling.

It seems to get a lot of Mexican tourists, but not many from the rest of the world.

There's a wonderful civic pride on display in most (not all) Mexican towns and cities.

Apart from the public spaces like parks and squares that are well maintained and well used, you'll see people sweeping outside their houses and washing the pavements every morning.

Generally, the towns and cities are impeccably clean - footpaths and roads may be broken up - but they are clean! Unfortunately, roadsides can be heavily littered.

The bright colours of houses are also wonderful! A house may be falling apart, but it is painted brightly!
I don't take too many photos of people's homes - I don't feel comfortable doing that.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
So sorry to read about missing Hobbes :sad:
I wonder if some of your newfound Mexican connections will find him?
Take care! :hugs:

So sorry to read about missing Hobbes :sad:
I wonder if some of your newfound Mexican connections will find him?
Take care! :hugs:
Thank you!
Well, the word has gone out on Facebook, but I reckon he was picked up by someone else.
I did a thorough search in the area and he's too heavy to be blown far.
I reckon he's not lying on the side of the road in the litter - he's gone off on his own adventure!:smile:

Top Bottom