Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cwskas

Über Member
I'll probably regret this later......
But someday that shirt will be photographed in Ushuaia^_^
You won't doubt it, that is for certain!

Hola all!

Sorry, while I have internet access I don't have enough to be uploading pics (and I have a fair bit of research to do) so the Travelogue has been put on the back burner. It's all written up and ready to post.

I'm just outside of Quito and due to board a plane to Madrid, tomorrow evening (Tuesday) and arriving on Wednesday afternoon! ^_^

I am excited!

There's a whole load of logistics and complications to sort out - I've never flown with a bike before and COVID doesn't help - but I'm working my way through it all.

I'll be landing in Madrid, reassembling Roccado and cycling to a campground - how cool is that?^_^

I've filled my empty map of Spain with loads of routes but I'm leaning towards a relaxing ride reading and following Don Quixote to start off. Then, who knows?^_^

I am so looking forward to my first bottle of vino tinto and a tortilla de patata! I'm wondering how my Latin Spanish will fare in the land of Castellano!

What I thought was sure to be a depressing time - the end of the Big, Big Trip - is anything but!

Viva España! ^_^

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Reading about your adventures has made me think could I, should I go the full Hobbes and be a nomad. A lot to think on.
Hola all!

Sorry, while I have internet access I don't have enough to be uploading pics (and I have a fair bit of research to do) so the Travelogue has been put on the back burner. It's all written up and ready to post.

I'm just outside of Quito and due to board a plane to Madrid, tomorrow evening (Tuesday) and arriving on Wednesday afternoon! ^_^

I am excited!

There's a whole load of logistics and complications to sort out - I've never flown with a bike before and COVID doesn't help - but I'm working my way through it all.

I'll be landing in Madrid, reassembling Roccado and cycling to a campground - how cool is that?^_^

I've filled my empty map of Spain with loads of routes but I'm leaning towards a relaxing ride reading and following Don Quixote to start off. Then, who knows?^_^

I am so looking forward to my first bottle of vino tinto and a tortilla de patata! I'm wondering how my Latin Spanish will fare in the land of Castellano!

What I thought was sure to be a depressing time - the end of the Big, Big Trip - is anything but!

Viva España! ^_^

Alex321

Veteran
Hola all!

Viva España! ^_^
You'll be wondering where all the hills are - that before you went you would have thought were mountains!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hola all!

I am excited!

Viva España! ^_^

I'm excited you're in the same continent as us!!!!

IaninSheffield

Veteran

Viva España!
That's great to hear.
I'll be landing in Madrid, reassembling Roccado and cycling to a campground - how cool is that?
Hope your sleeping bag is up to muster. Still a bit chilly at night this far north of the equator. But then nights in the mountains weren't always so warm, were they?

You'll be wondering where all the hills are - that before you went you would have thought were mountains!
I do seem to remember no shortage of climbs the last time I was in Spain^_^
I'm excited you're in the same continent as us!!!!
Almost!
Hope your sleeping bag is up to muster. Still a bit chilly at night this far north of the equator. But then nights in the mountains weren't always so warm, were they?
It was bought for the shoulder seasons in the Andes..... I think it'll handle Spain OK^_^
I do like my comfort! 😊

cwskas

Über Member
Woohoo! Onward, Rocado, Onward!

I am looking forward to stories and photos from España and I have no doubt there will be a high degree of enthusiasm and satisfaction expressed in your posts.

^_^ And I am wondering if the title of the new blog will be as long as this one!

Willie

I am looking forward to stories and photos from España and I have no doubt there will be a high degree of enthusiasm and satisfaction expressed in your posts.
Oh dear :blush:

I'm sorry, Willie, but I'm not planning on maintaining the Travelogue after Ecuador.
I'm pretty sure that I already said that.
And I've no plans to start a new one.

This part of the trip is different. I'm going to be looking for a place to settle down. A place that speaks to me and that will give me a chance to try a few ideas I have to make a living.
I'm just not going to have the time to write everything up. I'll be doing research along the way.* It takes quite an amount of time for each post on a phone, you know, even with good WiFi.

I'll keep notes to be sure and it might make an interesting winter project to write it up but my last post in this Travelogue will be about my (hopefully!) exit from Ecuador.

If things work out TBBT Part Two will pick up in Ecuador. But that'll be a while away ^_^

You've some trips coming up, no?
Your turn! ^_^

* I reserve the right to throw up the odd miscellaneous story from the road, mods permitting.

CharlesF

Guru
Oh dear :blush:

I'm sorry, Willie, but I'm not planning on maintaining the Travelogue after Ecuador.
I'm pretty sure that I already said that.
And I've no plans to start a new one.

This part of the trip is different. I'm going to be looking for a place to settle down. A place that speaks to me and that will give me a chance to try a few ideas I have to make a living.
I'm just not going to have the time to write everything up. I'll be doing research along the way.* It takes quite an amount of time for each post on a phone, you know, even with good WiFi.

I'll keep notes to be sure and it might make an interesting winter project to write it up but my last post in this Travelogue will be about my (hopefully!) exit from Ecuador.

If things work out TBBT Part Two will pick up in Ecuador. But that'll be a while away ^_^

You've some trips coming up, no?
Your turn! ^_^

* I reserve the right to throw up the odd miscellaneous story from the road, mods permitting.
As my mother liked to say “All good things come to an end”!

But do add an occasional brief update on how things are going. Many of us feel a real connection to you!!

Top Bottom