Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@HobbesOnTour the posts to be inserted are from the 29th of February to the 5th of March 2022, correct?
I don't know how to insert them in the correct order, after the holding post, but @Shaun said at the time it can be done, so I'll ask for instructions.
If I just move them from the thread editing suite, they will go automatically at the end of the BBT thread.
It also occurred to me that for those that have already read till the end, we should also add a link that takes them back to the 29th of February.
You carry on writing, meantime I will find out how to insert your new posts. ^_^

@HobbesOnTour the posts to be inserted are from the 29th of February to the 5th of March 2022, correct?
I don't know how to insert them in the correct order, after the holding post, but @Shaun said at the time it can be done, so I'll ask for instructions.
If I just move them from the thread editing suite, they will go automatically at the end of the BBT thread.
It also occurred to me that for those that have already read till the end, we should also add a link that takes them back to the 29th of February.
You carry on writing, meantime I will find out how to insert your new posts. ^_^

Thank you, @Pat "5mph"
The "missing" posts actually start on February 24 and will cover the period up to March 05 (inclusive).
A few days will have multiple posts (a bad habit I've picked up :blush:) and one post will be covering the days in Ipiales. The Travelougue currently continues on Sunday March 06.

I had been thinking to post a link to the first one here when it goes live.

There's absolutely no pressure on this. They're already nearly 10 months late so haste or deadlines don't really count ^_^

If it's all very complicated, I suppose we could add the new ones to the end of the Travelogue and edit the "holding post" with a link to the new posts putting a link in the last one back to the next one back a few pages?

Whatever is easiest.

Many thanks!

Pat "5mph"

Merry Christmas @HobbesOnTour et all!
With a little help of @Shaun the Boss, I think I have merged the missing posts in the correct order.
Please, Frank, check, let me know if I made mistakes or if something needs changed.
If you need to do edits, I could unlock the BBTJ for you to do them.
I am proud to say that I have acquired new IT skills (at almost 60 😄) and I'm not afraid to use them :laugh:

Merry Christmas @HobbesOnTour et all!
With a little help of @Shaun the Boss, I think I have merged the missing posts in the correct order.
Please, Frank, check, let me know if I made mistakes or if something needs changed.
If you need to do edits, I could unlock the BBTJ for you to do them.
I am proud to say that I have acquired new IT skills (at almost 60 😄) and I'm not afraid to use them :laugh:

Thank you Pat! ^_^ On Christmas day!! I feel very privileged!

I'm really glad that you have acquired these new skills because we're going to need them^_^

There is a bit of a problem with the daily sequence because I'm pretty sure I didn't pack my flux capacitor and therefore time travel was beyond me.^_^ (And yes, there's no hope of me hitting 88 mph hour either! ^_^)

I'm going to list the posts as they appear by date. I'll include a link to the first post for each day and the (X) refers to the number of posts for that day

Feb 18
Feb 24 (3)
Feb 25 (6)
Feb 26 (3)

Feb 19 (2)
Feb 20 (1)
Feb 21 (1)

Feb 27 (1)

Feb 22 (3)

Feb 28 (2)

Feb 23 (4)

March 01 (1)

March 02 (1)

March 03 (1)

The rest seems to be in the right sequence but perhaps we can drop or better still edit the "holding post" here which explained the gap in the travelogue
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...-just-tell-him-your-plans.254046/post-6685984

I am so, so grateful for all your work on this.
There is absolutely no rush in this. Take your time.

Frankly, I'd rather get jumped on the side of the road then hsve to do what you're doing! ^_^

Best of luck, thank you so much and Buon Natale

For everyone else please hold your horses. I'm going "Diva" mode and ask you to wait until they're all ready. 😊

In the meantime check out the videos mentioned in this post. They'll keep you entertained and inspired for quite a while!

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

@HobbesOnTour the list you gave me wasn't working for me, because on days with multiple posts, if I changed the date on one, then I would lose the connected one from your list :wacko:
So, I did search the BBT tread for actual day numbers to match to your posts - lucky you have the habit of starting with "day x, date xxxx".
I started from day 887 and checked that all posts from there matched the date stated.
On multiple posts for one day, I have tried to keep them in the right sequence, because the thread search gave me the order in which you had posted them.
Have another check, please, let me know of any discrepancies, I'll try to fix them :sweat: :addict::scratch::laugh:
I have also left a mod's note in your placeholder post, let me know if you'd like different wording instead.
Pat x

Eres estrella, Pat!

lucky you have the habit of starting with "day x, date xxxx
:laugh:
Lucky you that (for once) I got a sequence of posts using the correct numbers! ^_^
On multiple posts for one day, I have tried to keep them in the right sequence, because the thread search gave me the order in which you had posted them.
OK, there's still a few problems..... But we're a hell of a lot closer!^_^

We have to go back to Feb 13 (Day 883) (Post # 571) - this is the final post in the correct order

Then we jump forward to Feb 19 (Day 889). Two posts, both correct
Feb 20 (890) is next, one post.

Now we jump back to Feb 14 (884) two posts, both correct
Feb 15 (885) has three posts all correct
Feb 16 (886) has two posts, both correct

Then we jump to Feb 22 (892), Three posts, all correct

Then back to Feb 17 (887) one post
Feb 18 (888) has only one post from two

Feb 23 (893) has the first 2 posts of 4!

Now back to Feb 18 (888) for the second post.

Then Feb 23 (893) again, for posts 3& 4 of four posts.

Feb 24
Feb 25
Feb 26
Are all good

Then we go back to Feb 21 (891) Single post

Jump forward to Feb 27 (897) Single post
Feb 28 (898) Two of two posts
March 01 good
March 02 good

In summary:
Feb 13 (883)
19 (889) (1 & 2 /2)
20 (890) ( 1/1)
14 (884) ( 2/2)
15 (885) (3/3)
16 (886) (2/2)

22 (892) (3/3)

17 (887) (1/1)

18 (888) (1/2)
23 (893) (1&2 /4)
18 (888) (the towns) (only post 2 of 2)
23 (893) (3 & 4 /4)
24 (894) all good
25 (895) all good
26 (896) all good
21 (891)
27 (897) (1)
28 (898) (2/2 all good)
March 01 (899)
02 (900)

We can see that I'm still doing a bit of time travel.
It's a bit of a nightmare for me to go through the posts - and I wrote the feckin' things! - so I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you.
Please, take your time. As far as I'm concerned there is no rush.

I have also left a mod's note in your placeholder post, let me know if you'd like different wording instead.
Your wording is perfect. Thank you!

Pat "5mph"

@HobbesOnTour sorry!!!! :smooch:
I don't know why the posts are still mixed up, it's supposed to be a database for goodness sake!
Yes, I'm having difficulties because, when I move one post (correct the date) then the other posts move in the sequence too, if they were one day matching one post, I think (not 100% sure) that the date changing would keep the sequence.
Could also be that too many date changes at once confuse the system, I'm no IT expert.
However, I won't give up.
Shaun doesn't have time to come on CC very often, so I will sort it :becool: :B) :laugh:
I'll give it another bash tomorrow :okay:

Pat "5mph"

@HobbesOnTour and all readers: I found out why the BBT is still out of sinc with the new posts added, even though the date of posting has been changed to match the date the event happened.
Now, Frank, I went back to the Journal, found day 879 is the first one in the wrong place.
Why are the posts still in the wrong sequence?
Because (example) if a ride was posted on the 28/12/22, and I change it to 13/02/22, there is already a ride posted by @HobbesOnTour on the 13/02/22, relating a ride that happened on the (example) 10/02/22.
How can I put these posts in order, then?
I need to change the time of posting too!
Frank, because of the multi posts days (need to check the time of each to keep the sequence), and because I am not off work for the hols, this will take me a few days, but it's going to happen ^_^
I was so happy last night when it all clicked: of course a database cannot be wrong, the human input is incorrect!

Quick reply:
@Pat "5mph" , if it makes more sense to remove the posts altogether and place them at the end we ( I mean you^_^) can put in a link in the last correct post to the "new" ones at the end and then a link back.
The "flow" will hardly be interrupted and I'd imagine it would be a whole lot easier for you.

Many, many thanks for all your efforts on this.

Pat "5mph"

Quick reply:
@Pat "5mph" , if it makes more sense to remove the posts altogether and place them at the end we ( I mean you^_^) can put in a link in the last correct post to the "new" ones at the end and then a link back.
The "flow" will hardly be interrupted and I'd imagine it would be a whole lot easier for you.

Many, many thanks for all your efforts on this.
Nay, I have started now, I'm gonna finish the job ^_^
Another couple of days and it will be done, I forgot I volunteered to do some computer work for the local food bank too :whistle:

Top Bottom