'Chav' on moped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Turning left from Milton Road on to Arbury Road, theres a nasty little stretch of cycle lane running along by some shops, where there are always cars parked to the left of the cycle lane, where people are just stopping to go to get a Chinese or some chips, so they're paying no attention to the traffic. This cycle lane widens out after the parking to become a left turn lane for Arbury Road. The right way to ride it is to be out in the main lane of traffic, completely ignoring the 'please door me' lane, then to go in to the middle of the left hand turn lane because it just isn't wide enough for two vehicles and the light will be at red anyway.

Anyway... half way down the left filter lane I was passed by a cretin on a moped, went past about three inches from me, only to stop a moment later (was barely a bikes length past me, behind a stopped car) at the lights. I pull up alongside his back wheel, he started yelling at me that I shouldn't have been in the middle of the lane.

I won't bore you with my brief response.

I'm rather fed up with dangerous riding from learner moped riders. Just getting on my nerves.

I just tell them to get a proper motorbike, not a hairdrier

Maz

Guru
Cab said:
I won't bore you with my brief response.
Good. :tongue:

Seriously, get a helmet cam. Then you can either share these incidents with us, or with the police.

Maz said:
Good. :tongue:

Seriously, get a helmet cam. Then you can either share these incidents with us, or with the police.

He's got one, but I can bet cab will come up with an excuse not to post it from the following:

a) not working at the time
:tongue: pointing in the wrong direction
c) it was too dark
d) the footage was just really boring
e) forgot to bring it
f) the moped was sooooo close that it knocked the camera off which rolled under the HGV that was about to left hook cab. He could have kicked it out of the way of the HGV if it wasn't for the muppet cyclist that undercut him, striking his outstretched left hand in the process. This knocked cab off balance so that he was too far away to save the camera.
d) all of the above

I reckon it'll be d! :angry::tongue:

:ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
He's got one, but I can bet cab will come up with an excuse not to post it from the following:

c) it was too dark
e) forgot to bring it
f) the moped was sooooo close that it knocked the camera off which rolled under the HGV that was about to left hook cab. He could have kicked it out of the way of the HGV if it wasn't for the muppet cyclist that undercut him, striking his outstretched left hand in the process. This knocked cab off balance so that he was too far away to save the camera.
d) all of the above

I reckon it'll be d! :tongue::tongue:

:angry:

Which d), you have two....?

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:

c) it was too dark
e) forgot to bring it
g) all of the above *

I reckon it'll be d! :tongue::angry:

:tongue:

* Corrected bottom d) to g)

You forgot h) Cab is not really a cyclist and just makes all these stories up to amuse himself. :tongue:B)

domtyler said:
* Corrected bottom d) to g)

You forgot h) Cab is not really a cyclist and just makes all these stories up to amuse himself. :tongue::angry:

That's a bit harsh Dom. I think we all find them amusing....:tongue:

Tynan

Veteran
leave magna alone, that was funny

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

magnatom said:

Nope, I'd been in a dull meeting all day, a meeting that started in one building but which had its second part four miles away in another. I don't have space in my rucksack to carry a helmet and a laptop, so it wasn't convenient to take the helmet, hence no helmet cam.

But the footage would have been quite good I think ;)

neslon

Cab; I don said:
TOP TIP:
When your rucksack is full, try putting your helmet on your head - the concave nature of the helmet makes it surprisingly comfortable, and many are fortunately fitted with straps that help them stay on.

Next week - how to transport those bulky padded cycle shorts when your sac is full:ohmy:

neslon said:
TOP TIP:
When your rucksack is full, try putting your helmet on your head - the concave nature of the helmet makes it surprisingly comfortable, and many are fortunately fitted with straps that help them stay on.

Next week - how to transport those bulky padded cycle shorts when your sac is full:ohmy:

Very good, nelson! :smile:
And a belated welcome to you.
Not often newbies enter into the spirit of things so quickly. :tongue:
Took me a while on the C+ site to be smart and sarcy.
Ain't no stopping me now, though.
Carry on in the same vein, nelson. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
Very good, nelson! :smile:
And a belated welcome to you.
Not often newbies enter into the spirit of things so quickly. :smile:
Took me a while on the C+ site to be smart and sarcy.
Ain't no stopping me now, though.
Carry on in the same vein, nelson. ;)

<Psst> Dayvo, it's neslon, not nelson...:tongue:

Top Bottom