Cheap AA batteries?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
ash68;100435][quote=Elmer Fudd said:
P.S. Ash68, Get that Guinness in the fridge ready for next year m8

If you make it this far,I'll have a 4 pack in the fridge for ya, Elmer
Did I read you were thinking of cycling with a bloke from Brum on your trip?

I did offer, but prepared to go solo anyway, and (no offence intended) he's not from Brum, it's Walsall, (Black Country). Nearly same voice. different place !!!

Tynan

Veteran
cheap good rechargeable AAs and so on from Hong Kong, no branding and a zippy purple jacket but they work fine, about half price as i recall and they're keen to sell in bulk

ash68

Elmer Fudd said:
[

I did offer, but prepared to go solo anyway, and (no offence intended) he's not from Brum, it's Walsall, (Black Country). Nearly same voice. different place !!!

apologies to all brummies and the good folk of Walsall, no wonder I failed geography O'level:blush:

Davidc

Guru
To the OP: IKEA do reasonable AAA (and AA) alkaline batteries at a good low price. Even so rechargeables work out cheaper.

Hubby was given a solar battery charger for his birthday, which takes 'AAA' 'AA' 'C' or 'D' batteries, although you have to charge 4 at the same time. I've yet to try the batteries, but does anyone have any experience of whether they will get to the same power level?

I was given one last year which sounds the same. It works and will fully charge batteries, provided you have plenty of time (weeks) to spare waiting for them.

potsy

Rambler
How many do you need to use at once? I use 8 AA's in my 2 hopes so rechargeables make a lot of sense, and you get into a routine of charging them up on a Sunday ready for the weeks commute.
Currently using standard AAA's in my rear light as I had a pack of 4 in the spares draw, but will be getting some rechargeables for that too once these have gone.

Stop being so tight Longers get some money spent, help get the country out of recession
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Stop being so tight Longers get some money spent, help get the country out of recession
biggrin.gif

In the three years since I asked this q I've moved to rechargeables. And trying to buy lights that use AAA's.

I ordered some of sevendays own brand ones today. Happy now Potsy? :smile:

DavidC: I read a post of yours about using the pre or part charged batteries from new and can't find it now, but you either gave the advice to charge them straight away or to run them down first and I can't remember which it was. Does anyone else know please?

edited for: manners.

Top Bottom