Cheap and cheerful tubes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Being tight I prefer not spend massive amounts on innertubes I have been using the decathlon ones for a while with mixed results. Had no idea that Tescos also sell innertubes.
Got two yesterday might be bad luck but both that I purchased punctured with a short space of time. Has anybody else had any experience with these. I have also tried the halfrauds three for a tenner deal in the past awful innertubes.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think the tyre itself is more important and critical than the inner tube really. After all, inner tubes are just made of thin rubber and are only there to hold air.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Being tight I prefer not spend massive amounts on innertubes I have been using the decathlon ones for a while with mixed results. Had no idea that Tescos also sell innertubes.
Got two yesterday might be bad luck but both that I purchased punctured with a short space of time. Has anybody else had any experience with these. I have also tried the halfrauds three for a tenner deal in the past awful innertubes.

If you are having a lot of punctures what is causing them?
If they are "pinch" punctures the cause could be the tyres are under inflated, what sort of bike are we talking about, road, hybrid , mtb?

Puncture: Penetrating or perforating the tyre and tube in order for the air to escape.

I don't see how you can blame Tesco for that. Stop riding over thorns and glass. Inflate your tyres properly and familiarize yourself with the concept of cause and effect.

Need to inflate to suit your weight and tyre size.
I'm 68kg and inflate rear to 110psi (25mm) and front to 95psi (25mm)

Top Bottom