Cheap Bike Stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

Has anyone got one of these? I just need something that'll hold up my bike while I clean it and, when necessary, adjust brakes and gears etc. Is this sturdy enough to do the job but easy to collapse down?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/too...s/halfords-storage-and-maintenance-stand#tab3

I know it's prob a case of you get what you pay for with these things, much like the bike itself, but I'm not looking to use it for any serious maintenance, am on a very tight budget and have little storage space.

Thanks.

robgul

Legendary Member
It'll do the job - you just have quite a bit of bending down to do for any adjustments etc.

I have 2 or 3 of these ... and a workstand so only use them for bike parking.

Rob

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
I know it's more than twice the price, but I just got this one and am quite impressed with it. I've seen similar if not identical ones for £50 - £70

www.amazon.co.uk/BDBikes-Folding-Maintenance-Tracked-SHIPPING/dp/B004GHF4YU/ref=pd_cp_diy_2

That does look a significant step up in quality and versatility. £29 is well within my budget; it was the £150+ jobs I was running scared of. Thanks for the tip, I think that's made my mind up. We have a ban on amazon in our house so will have to try to source it elsewhere. If all else fails I guess I'll get it delivered to work! Cheers.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
The type that let you work standing up are worth the extra. I made one of the smaller type:

image.jpg

JMAG

Über Member
We have a ban on amazon in our house so will have to try to source it elsewhere. If all else fails I guess I'll get it delivered to work! Cheers.

I'm not a huge fan of tax dodging corporations either. Black Dog Bikes have their own website although they don't list this particular stand. Might be worth sending them an email?

Either way, this particular one with the handle at the back end of the horizontal section that has the bike clamp at the other end is the one to get IMO. It makes adjusting the angle of the bike a doddle. In fact everything on this model is quick release except the tool tray and even that wouldn't be difficult to modify.

I got one of these last week and was surprised and impressed by the quality for such a good price

Top Bottom