cheap chain - links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1504070"]
I need to order a cheap chain for a friend's son's cheap bike. If they don't come with quick links do I need to order something to connect it with?
[/quote]

If you have a chain splitter no.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Don't the really tesco's do cheap chains ... ? (I'm sure I once saw one but didn't pay much attention to it). Or what about Decathlon? how cheap is their basic chain?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
He already said it was a cheap bike ... so far more likely not to be 8 speed or above :biggrin:

C

chillyuk

In store.

Cheers. I don't need one yet but my road bike is a 14 gear so a spare chain or two wont come amiss. I have an incredibly tight year coming up financially so when I see a bargain I can afford I will try and get it for my spares box.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Cheers. I don't need one yet but my road bike is a 14 gear so a spare chain or two wont come amiss. I have an incredibly tight year coming up financially so when I see a bargain I can afford I will try and get it for my spares box.

For the money they are pretty good TBH. I have used then on a MTB before now and they have held up well.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I've been sorting a friend's cheap MTB and was going to get a £4 Asda one. In the end I got a £5.00 KMC one from Ribble - which just made the order up to the necessary £35 for 20% discount & free postage and so saved a lot more than the £1.00 difference over the Asda one.

Top Bottom