Cheap cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I gave my karrimor shorts to a charity shop after just wearing them once. Hopefully someone with very thin legs bought them, as they were ridiculously tight round the thighs. I'm pretty average size, and not had probs with other makes.

festival

Über Member
Spend more, buy bibshorts, why compromise on comfort and performance.

Is £55 an extravagance if you use them most weeks over a year ? not if you are are a regular cyclist.
'
Probably many on here would say 'yes, its an extravagance', doesn't mean they are right though.

Best cheap shorts i have ever had are the 3 rated shorts from decathlon as they are cut properly rather than assuming that you have no thigh muscles .

http://www.decathlon...formen-3899272/

Plenty of padding and good up to 40 miles or so, after that i need something a bit thicker, the 5 rated shorts from decathlon are great for long rides.

After going through a pair of tights and a pair of shorts from SportsDirect, while my Altura shorts are still going strong (and far more comfortable), I finally got to my nearest Decathlon. I wish I'd done it sooner and I'll be going back - great quality, even their '3' shorts and tights. Think I'll be buying some more '5's though.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
+1 for bib shorts. You can't tell they're bibs under a top and I don't have to worry about my belly pushing the front down. I have some Lidl/Aldi (can't remember which) bibbed longs as well and a few pairs of their shorts as well as the Karrimor but I'm looking at getting another pair of Tenns bib shorts for the summer.

Top Bottom