Cheap frame or wait?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
OK, I want to build a new bike for the spring and I was hoping to get enough money together for something like a Pace RC127 or Bird Zero, but Planet X have On Ones on sale at £144.

It seems like a really good price; obviously they won't be as light or have the build quality of the Pace but the angles are similar; that £250 saving over a more expensive frame would pay for the forks, wheels or a dropper post. I could buy the frame now, and look out for bargains on Chain Reaction or ebay, for the rest of the build...

What does everyone else think? Any experience with an On One, or Planet X in general?

Ta

Drago

Legendary Member
Hard to say unless you've ridden the frames. We can speculate, but only you will know if the Pace is worth three times as much to you, and then only once you've tried.

I can say that I built a Pace rigid MTB frame in 650b flavour last year and love it.

Hard to say unless you've ridden the frames. We can speculate, but only you will know if the Pace is worth three times as much to you, and then only once you've tried.

I can say that I built a Pace rigid MTB frame in 650b flavour last year and love it.

What is it you like about having a rigid @Drago ?
And many others on here I may add.
After a few months,I swapped the rigid fork on my Bear Valley to a Judy,and I felt it opened up a whole new set of trails.It didn't have a lot of travel mind you (I don't even think it was 80mm) :ohmy:
Genuinely interested :thumbsup:

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
...although I acknowledge the fact that it will always be cheaper to buy a complete bike.

2016 Ragley Piglet for £999!

Top Bottom