Cheap front wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looks like my front wheel needs respoking on my virtuosso and i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get a replacement wheel from , cheap ? !!.

Black hopefully to match the rear one .

PpPete

Legendary Member
" to match the rear one" ?

As few of us own a Virtuoso (and anyway I've no doubt Halfrauds change the specs from year to year) this is something of a challenge!

How many spokes? What sort of a budget ?

Would a new, handbuilt, black Open Pro rim on black (5500 series) Shimano 105 hub, laced 36h 3X with black DT Swiss Comps be of interest? Probably a LOT better quality than the original if rather less fashionable. £70.00 posted.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Decathlon do a Rigida 700c black front wheel for about £19 that is cheap! weighs about 900g I ran some on my winter bike and they were fine. Needed retentioning but hey what do you expect at that price.

battered

Guru
Hacienda71 said:
Decathlon do a Rigida 700c black front wheel for about £19 that is cheap! weighs about 900g.

That's fer nowt. Got to replace my trashed front post accident, that sounds fair to get it rolling and suss out the frame.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
cyberknight said:
As an update today i rechecked my wheel and it seems it is different spokes that are working loose every day.
Are your spokes all well/equally tensioned? might be worth a trip to your LBS to get it trued and tensioned. Cheaper than a new wheel, even from Decathlon;)

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hacienda71 said:
Are your spokes all well/equally tensioned? might be worth a trip to your LBS to get it trued and tensioned. Cheaper than a new wheel, even from Decathlon;)

Tried that and explained it to them, they left it for a week and they did not touch the wheel till i rang up..looks like they just did the spokes up that were loose....

Top Bottom