1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Gloves

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by longers, 19 Feb 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Out on a little ride tonight I popped into the Esso garage for a bar of choccie for a reward.

They are selling Thinsulate gloves for £2.99 a pair. They were much warmer on the way home than the pair I was wearing on the the way there. Recommended.

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Mrs Smokin Joe got me a pair at the local cheapo store for £1.99, absolutely brilliant. In fact they are too warm for the mild weather we have been having lately.

Beware the Thinsulate wooly hats though, they are a loose fit and tend to blow off in a headwind.

3. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Tesco do some good fleece gloves for £2. They are nor labelled as windproof but they do seem to be as they kept my hands very warm during the recent cold snap.

4. Brock

Brock Senior Member

I like these too, they keep your hands warm and are brilliant for wiping sweat and/or snot from your face!

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Decathlon are selling off their winter gloves - £6-7 per pair - bought an MTB style pair for commuting, and a nice road pair for weekends - fairly warm - I'd say 3C plus for the MTB ones - not as warm as Altura's, but I wanted a lighter weight glove.

6. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I'd want a hard wearing palm, gel is nice too. a half decent pair of gloves isn't expensive and lasts for yonks, you'll be grateful if you end up diving into tarmac