Cheap-ish hybrid/mountain bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XiShT

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone around Cambridge town (preferably in close walking distance to town, but not absolutely necessary) has any hybrid/mountain bikes that they won't miss and would be willing to let go for cheap?

It doesn't have to be in the best condition - the point is to have a cheap bike to tinker with to practise my mechanic skills for when I volunteer at the Broken Spoke in Oxford, and generally as a hobby really. The caveat is that it still needs to be a functional bike - I simply have neither the tools nor time/money to completely overhaul and replace everything on a bike.

Looking for something under £50 (the lower the better). I'm hoping this isn't an unreasonable request...

Am also trying on Gumtree, but hybrids are sadly lacking on there atm. Cheers.

Edit: if this goes well then I may actually be able to re-sell them to earn a little extra pocket money for university! :smile:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@XiShT keep an eye on local freecycle as well

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Put a wanted ad on Freecycle, loads of people want rid of old bikes and just have them hanging around their sheds and garages. Keeping looking at Gumtree and Ebay as well.

Might try this as I really want to get an old racer for my daughter, will do it up.

Top Bottom