Cheap, light, robust, I want all three!!!! What slick/semi-slick tyre 700x35?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tyres will need to bed in before I can comment on ride and grip so watch this space for further reports.
I will be interested to read those reports.

I have recently put 28s on my Devon bike. They were significantly better than the previous 25s on rough Devon lanes, but I really wish that I had gone for even bigger tyres. I will when those wear out.

I will also be upgrading the tyres on my CAADX at some point and was thinking 32-35s for that.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

I have recently put 28s on my Devon bike. They were significantly better than the previous 25s on rough Devon lanes, but I really wish that I had gone for even bigger tyres. I will when those wear out.

I will also be upgrading the tyres on my CAADX at some point and was thinking 32-35s for that.

Colin, I've always ridden the fatter tyres, even a decade ago when I first joined the forum and started cutting my teeth on group riding with your forum rides. I was running 35mm tyres (closer to 37mm) on my hybrid bike while many were running traditional road bikes on much slimmer tyres. I didn't have any trouble keeping up and probably enjoyed my rides more due to the versatility if the fatter tyres.
Always been an advocate of it being about the rider and not about the bike, but you may as well be comfy at the same time :okay:

All uphill

Still rolling along

I've just gone from 30s to 37s on my Somerset and Devon bike. At first I just noticed the extra mass - it takes a bit more effort to get up to my habitual 15 or 16 mph. Then I realised the huge smoothing out of the ride, much less tiring. There's no going back for me!

iandg

Legendary Member
Vittoria Voyager Hyper (if you can still get them) - used them on a Long Haul Trucker for audax riding a few years ago and was really happy with perormance. They were dirt cheap on PlanetX at the time.

Also like Schwalbe Marathon Supreme - but not a cheap tyre?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Vittoria Voyager Hyper (if you can still get them) - used them on a Long Haul Trucker for audax riding a few years ago and was really happy with perormance. They were dirt cheap on PlanetX at the time.

Also like Schwalbe Marathon Supreme - but not a cheap tyre?
Haven't been available for quite a few years unfortunately, otherwise I'd have them on all of my bikes they fitted and some in stock as spares. Possibly the best 32mm & 37mm tyres I've used.

Top Bottom