Cheap New Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saul

Hello,

After having my bike stolen a few days ago, I am now looking for a cheap work commute bike (approx 6 miles each way). Have seen this in Halfords and with a further 10% will only cost around £350, which is just within budget.

Not knowing too much about bikes would appreciate a green light/comments, or an alternative recommendation

Thanks

Saul.

vickster

Legendary Member
You'll probably want to keep £50 minimum of your budget for a decent lock too

Join british cycling for £32, get another 10% off at halfords

That said, the decathlon btwin bikes are also extremely good value, or there's always used

OP
OP
saul

saul

I have a discount card already which brings it to that price. Have also seen a Giant Defy 3 2014 at Rutland Cycles which is not that much more. However need to get measured for that to see what size I need.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Have you read this article by Road.cc '12 of the Best Road Bike Bargains under £500' ? It should give you an idea what to look for and what else is out there.

iggibizzle

I have a defy 4 for long rides. Top quality machine for the money. You'd be suprised how good claris is after hearing the horror stories from people who've clearly never used it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
About the same tbh with better wheels, microshift 8 speed although the advert shows claris so i would contact them and ask.

SB-R482_m.jpg
is what microshift looks like , not in the piccie.

Hardrock93

Veteran
Yesterday, in my local Halfords, Carrera TDFs were priced at £200. They seem to have disappeared from Halford's website, so I guess they are selling off remaining stock?

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
A few friends have bought the btwin triban 500se and are saying how pleased they are with them.

What about the Boardman sport. 450 then 40 off with promo, then 10% off with British cycling = £369.90

Top Bottom