Cheap paper shredder recommendations wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sadly it looks like ours has died. Had it many years so it doesn't owe me anything.

Not cheap and nasty but to reflect that I am 75 and its only for bank/credit card statements.......(I also sort out the aunties stuff.
Quite a few in Currys and Argos but that means little.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Trusty Rexel HS80 here - seems to just work and work. It's a discontinued model, but other Rexels should be fine.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
1663860892299.png

fossyant

Even better - go paperless. I binned our shredder as it never got used, almost everything is paperless now. I keep the water bill in paper just so I have proof of where I live.

I'm paperless but its other's shoot we are clearing. Had our shredder years.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Fossy....both Currys and Argos have a range of Rexel shredders starting at £30ish. I will nip to Currys later, I think the cheaper one should suffice.

vickster

Legendary Member
From when I bought mine years ago, the recommendation was to get one that cross cuts small and not just strips, and to have special shredder oil to keep the blades in good order.
I expect mine is Rexel

fossyant

Cross cut is better for confidential waste, but someone would have to be very very keen to piece a bill together from a normal shredder, and it's a two second job to separate the strips and pop them randomly in clumps in the paper recycling. Ors is mainly for MIL's old documents - every single bill was paper which ended up at our house as MIL never dealt with her bills once FIL passed - she didn't want to know.

Top Bottom