cheap turbo trainer - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DLB

actually this looks beter and is still quite cheap.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360013703&n=CycleOps Mag Plus Trainer

any opinions??

gbb

Legendary Member
Not the one youre looking for DLB, but i have the Magneto....the one with progressive resistance.
You want to spin, just ride steady. You want to work...it'll make you work...just pedal harder, and bugger you WILL work...simplicity itself.

Quiet, well made...i've been very happy with it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well its better than mine - I have an early Trax Turbo - i.e. the type you have to use in the garage as they are noisy..... still hate the buggers and prefer to be on the road, despite the weather.

Yep good value, and change to spare to get good MP3 player ! :blush:

Slim

Über Member
Check out EBay.

I have an ex demo Magneto sitting under my desk waiting to be taken home. £60 including P+P.

There were quite a few TranzX trainers going cheap but have no idea if they are any good. There are almost always quite a few TACX and Cycleops on the go as well.

Try a search on "pick up only" trainers. This usually keeps the price down by limiting the potential bidders as well as saving postage.

Good luck

OP
OP
D

DLB

Thanks for the replies. At the moment i'm leaning towards getting a tacx sirius for around £100 on wiggle or chainreactioncycles. there's also a local one on ebay i may bid on. looks a pretty good machine.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
hate the things, so the (admittedly cheap) one i've got is now just used to hold the bike up while i clean/service it. just keep riding through the winter. i came a lot higher up the classification than a lot of winter turboers in an early season sportive, who would no doubt have toasted me come july.

OP
OP
D

DLB

i ordered a tacx turbo from chainreaction cycles on Friday and paid an extra £5 for next day delivery as the weekend had a bad weather forcast. Unfortunately it didn't arrive! i hope CRC can sort it out and i'm hoping for my extra £5 back.

Top Bottom