cheap women's baselayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

having shared the amusement with my gf of her sweatyness while biking today I'm thinking it would be a nice and useful present to get her a base layer to help keep her at a normal temp and reduce sweat.

does anyone know where I can get a decent one from cheaply at all?

ta

bonj2

icebreaker £50 from blacks

Bigtallfatbloke

I dont know if it is available as a 'womans base layer' but I wear a cheap DHB base layer £19.99 from wiggle and it works fine.

bonj2

Trillian said:
you count £50 as cheap?

i count £20 as kind of expensive but worth paying for quality.

yes 'cos it lasts years and you don't have to keep buying another one when it wears out.

bonj2

have to say I don't think my baselayer's going to see outside the wardrobe till next winter now!

Tynan

Veteran
bonj said:
have to say I don't think my baselayer's going to see outside the wardrobe till next winter now!

indeed, might be a good time to buy though, perhaps not use until the autumn granted

bonj2

true - good point actually. Might have a look in lbs see if they've got any bib longs reduced, could do with a spare pair.

OP
OP
T

Trillian

the DHB one on wiggle has the wierdest sizing i've seen, 35 inch bust for a 39 inch hip

so, too tight on hips or too tight on bust, hmm

i'll have a look at the others on wiggle tho, not sure why it had not crossed my mind to look on there.

historyman

ColinJ said:
I'm confused - are you looking for a base layer for a cheap woman, or a cheap base layer for a woman :angry:?
Maybe a cheap base layer devalues even the most expensive woman...:angry:

bonj2

Jim said:
Get out.

Decathlon do them for about £6. They last for years and are very good.

They also do very cheap windproof tops and jackets. They're meant for running, but have long arms and are ideal for cycling.

You'd be daft to spend £50.

they're not merino though for £6

Top Bottom