1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap women's baselayer

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Trillian, 4 May 2008.

1. Trillian

Trillian New Member

having shared the amusement with my gf of her sweatyness while biking today I'm thinking it would be a nice and useful present to get her a base layer to help keep her at a normal temp and reduce sweat.

does anyone know where I can get a decent one from cheaply at all?

ta

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

icebreaker £50 from blacks

3. OP
    OP
    Trillian

Trillian New Member

you count £50 as cheap?

i count £20 as kind of expensive but worth paying for quality.

4. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Veteran

The cycle pants (mens, can't comment on the ladies) in Aldi are good value £3.99.

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I dont know if it is available as a 'womans base layer' but I wear a cheap DHB base layer £19.99 from wiggle and it works fine.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

yes 'cos it lasts years and you don't have to keep buying another one when it wears out.

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

have to say I don't think my baselayer's going to see outside the wardrobe till next winter now!

8. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

9. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

indeed, might be a good time to buy though, perhaps not use until the autumn granted

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

true - good point actually. Might have a look in lbs see if they've got any bib longs reduced, could do with a spare pair.

11. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I'd go to wiggle and see what they've got from helly hanson. Or edinburgh bicycle do a good base layer - it's called 'protective' or something.

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Decathlon do them for about £6. They last for years and are very good.

They also do very cheap windproof tops and jackets. They're meant for running, but have long arms and are ideal for cycling.

You'd be daft to spend £50.

13. OP
    OP
    Trillian

Trillian New Member

the DHB one on wiggle has the wierdest sizing i've seen, 35 inch bust for a 39 inch hip

so, too tight on hips or too tight on bust, hmm

i'll have a look at the others on wiggle tho, not sure why it had not crossed my mind to look on there.

14. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I'm confused - are you looking for a base layer for a cheap woman, or a cheap base layer for a woman :eek:?

15. historyman

historyman New Member

Maybe a cheap base layer devalues even the most expensive woman...:angry: