cheap women's baselayer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Check out the cheap retail parks. I bought some Nike compression vests for £6 each. very good and good for all year round.
Base layers ain't just for winter, a decent baselayer will actually keep you cooler

bonj2

You don't need merino. Merino isn't cheap. The OP asked for cheap base layers.

Merino is good, but a £6 Decathlon base layer does the same job.

it's better though.
'Cheap' isn't the be all and end all. People need to be weaned off the idea of 'cheap'. They often go for cheap without thinking about the fact that by paying a little bit more for something it's going to do its job a whole lot more effectively and they're going to enjoy it more. People seem to have an inbuilt suspicion the 'you're paying for the brand name' theory applies to all cycling products. It doesn't. You get what you pay for. People will spend many thousands on a car yet they seem to believe that cycling "should be free" so seem to resent spending any money on kit.

bonj2

and £6?! even decathlon ones aren't that cheap. Post a link to this 'six quid' base layer you're on about . I've just done a search for base layer on decathlon and most of them seem to be around the £14.99 mark.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Are you the same Bonj who argued against Camelbaks, saying that a cheap version from Aldi was just as good?
And then when you bought a camelbak started preaching that Camelbaks are better than every other pack?

BTW merino baselayers are good, but not the best and they do get too warm for some. I don't use them as i get too hot. Synthetic works better for me.

bonj2

I can't remember when i ever said an ALDI camelbak was any good.
link please.

Well I get too warm NOW, now the weather's warm - but they're meant to be for colder weather!
I'm curious you think merino are "not the best", what do you think is better?

Top Bottom