Cheaper shaving brushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think about time too.
There are about 38,000 cattle culled every year due to TB.

I bet most that complain are meat eaters but dont complain about killing farmed animals :rolleyes:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/incidence-of-tuberculosis-tb-in-cattle-in-great-britain

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Old thread revival time
I intended too buy the usual Gillette shaving foam today, but opted for a brush and shaving soap. The brush was £4,so i don't think it's be animal hair,instead probably synthetic.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Synthetic is the way forward Accy. They are building cyber-badgers for their artifur, so no cruelty involved.

(But it really is, BTW - IMHO way better than a flaccid badger's arse pluckings)

winjim

Smash the cistern
I had a cheapo £4ish shaving brush from the local skincare shop and it was a hateful thing. Now I've got a lovely Kent BLK4S Silvertex and it wasn't cheap but it's made a world of difference.

I'm currently using DR Harris Windsor shaving soap which I like a lot although I do have some Proraso blue shaving cream which is also very nice. Chuck that supermarket rubbish out and get some nice stuff. If you're gonnna be rubbing it on your face every day it's worth it. Get your lathering technique right and forget the squirty stuff in cans.

Now if anyone wants to talk to me about brands of blade I'd be very interested. I'm trying a few out, current favourite is Rapira but I'm open to suggestions...

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm using that particular soap at the moment and have no complaints with it. Nicer products are definitely available but that will do the job and still nicer than aerosol gunge.

I really wish I could still have Erasmus cream in the metal tubes but doesn't seem to be available any more.

Have a look for the Palmolive shave stick too, a very nice soap for very little money.

I do have a cheap brush but not that particular model. Seems to work okay. I've never tried an expensive brush for comparison.

Top Bottom