Cheaper shaving brushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've just used my shaving soap and brush to shave my bonce and face. Getting that hard,sharp when broken horrendous plastic wrapping off the brush was difficult. Why not put them in cardboard boxes instead?🤔

Anyway,that's i think the first shave i've ever had using a brush. Yes, it was ok. The soap lathered up well and the brush was soft and good at applying the soap. Should i leave the top off the soap bowl to let it dry,or should i put the top back on while it's still wet?🤔
Call me a philistine, but I use Sainsburys Tea Tree bar soap for shaving. I grab hold of one end of the bar, run the other end under the hot tap and rub it over my face and neck. It works remarkably well and the antiseptic properties of the Tea Tree is a plus should I cut myself.

tyred

Legendary Member

stephec

Legendary Member
If you want something for after shaving then you can't beat Nivea post shave balm for sensitive skin, cheap as chips and lasts for ages.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If you want something for after shaving then you can't beat Nivea post shave balm for sensitive skin, cheap as chips and lasts for ages.
Real men use meths....

Tenkaykev

Guru
GT85 for me it smells nicer and has the side benefit that I don’t need to use a towel to dry the water from my baby soft skin.
Swarfega is my “ go to “ post shave embrocation. The classic aroma really turns heads. I use the green on a day to day basis, saving the orange for that “ special night out “ where I really want to leave an impression on the ladies…

Agree with @Bonefish Blues. Edwin Jagger, made in Sheffield. Buy direct from www.theenglishshavingcompany.com and avoid the big tax dodgers. They also do a starter pack of various blades in plastic free packaging so you can find ones you like. And all the fancy creams and soaps of course.

Careful though, if you really want to get sucked into it you can check out YouTube and the forums, there are people who take it just as seriously as a hobby as some do cycling. Personally I think if you're going to scrape a sharp blade over your face every morning then it's worth spending a bit of time and money and making it a pleasant experience.
That link to English shaving company is dodgy. I get a privacy warning.

https://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/

winjim

Smash the cistern
That link to English shaving company is dodgy. I get a privacy warning.

https://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/
That's funny, so do I on my link but not on yours. I did edit mine down from some nonsense with loads of letters and numbers after it so that might be the problem. Anyway, they're properly legit and I recommend them. It's Edwin Jagger under a different brand name but also stocking other products.

Top Bottom