Cheapest Tiagra roadie for 1st time/ cleet advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have no idea why, but I can't find it!
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-off-your-giant.96532/

I need to add mine too!

OP
OP
O

Omario7

Regular
and dont forget the show us your giant thread!!!
Nice one. wishing you many happy miles on it.I have the same pedals.If you havent used spd Pedals before make sure you adjust the pedal to its loosest adjustment until you get used to them. This allows easier release if you have to stop in a hurry or the chain comes off or some other mini disaster occurs while you are clipped in.
I'l bear that in mind thnx

OP
OP
O

Omario7

Regular
ONLY the Crud road racer Mk2s will fit and they are an utter pig and rub a bit, nothing else will unless you want the ugly MTB ones that clip on the seatpost. The guy tried 3 different types for my Avail which is basically the same

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54934&gclid=CND5zNGQ5bECFcIPfAod0GIAmg Buy from the LBS and get them to fit the buggers is my advice!
Just bought the crud road racers mk2 from CS for...£21.50!!! Result all around i say!!! :-)

Thomk

Guru
Be warned they will most likely rub and rattle but you'll have a clean backside !
Mine rubbed a bit on my Defy 2 2011 until I changed the tyres to 23mm and now they are fine. I think the 2012 model comes with 23mm tyres so they might be good to go.

RAYMOND

Just got shoes and pedals,
road shoes/giro £64.95
pedals/cleats pd -r540 spd-sl £34.95

comes to under a 100 quid
good delivery, excellent service got a call after making the order to get 44 rather than the 43 i thought would fit as im a size 9
the 44 fits perfectley.
www.velo ecosse

in edinburgh

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine rubbed a bit on my Defy 2 2011 until I changed the tyres to 23mm and now they are fine. I think the 2012 model comes with 23mm tyres so they might be good to go.

I think the Avail is on 25s

They are ok on one side, but rub the other - any tips to make them stand proud on both sides. They do seem a bit flimsy, but then they are light and were free!

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, thanks. Probably be a while and this is my commuter so fatter tyres quite helpful, but cheers

Thomk

Guru
Sorry vickster not much use.....I know roadrash has a defy 2 with 25mm tyres and CR2 guards....he might have a tip or 2 (it might involve a hacksaw!). :bicycle:

Top Bottom