Cheapest way to Di2?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J_H1026

I've got another thread going about refurbing a front mech, but as I'm getting a little hacked off with rubbish/unreliable shifting, I was wondering about the cheapest way to get a Ultegra 6870 Di2 kit. Using a mixture of eBay and new, I reckon I could do it for around £500. Does know of a cheaper way/deals out there?

vickster

Legendary Member
@jowwy might know

If you are patient, it can be done on the cheap. I helped a friend get 6770 with an external battery for £250. Just a case of waiting for the right bits to turn up on ebay.
You can use 6770 parts with a 6870 rear mech. My own bike still has 6770 levers with a mixture of 9070 and 6780 parts.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I did it cheap as i didnt require STI shifters.....

500 is doable if using ebay for the parts, would take patience though

OP
OP
J

J_H1026

jowwy

Last edited:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I just did Ultegra 6770 bit by bit for <£130 - the shifters were £50 as they were scratched and the mechs came with an ultegra chainset in auction for £40.

I'd get the shifters first and then the mechs to suit. Then ideally look for a bundle of wiring which comes with the two junction boxes (A +B)

The 6770 route is really good - you just need:

6770 shifters

Junction Box A (SM EW67A)

Junction Box b (SM JC41) for internal

6770 mechs

External Battery and mount (SM BTR1) (Plus Charger)

and wire

You need to make sure that the wire will be long enough for your routing - mine wasn't so I just soldered on an extension to save buying new cable.

jowwy

I just did Ultegra 6770 bit by bit for <£130 - the shifters were £50 as they were scratched and the mechs came with an ultegra chainset in auction for £40.

I'd get the shifters first and then the mechs to suit. Then ideally look for a bundle of wiring which comes with the two junction boxes (A +B)

The 6770 route is really good - you just need:

6770 shifters

Junction Box A (SM EW67A)

Junction Box b (SM JC41) for internal

6770 mechs

External Battery and mount (SM BTR1) (Plus Charger)

and wire

You need to make sure that the wire will be long enough for your routing - mine wasn't so I just soldered on an extension to save buying new cable.
You got front and rear mech (di2) and a crankset for £40??????

accountantpete

Brexiteer
You got front and rear mech (di2) and a crankset for £40??????
plus a battery and charger:ohmy:^_^

Screenshot from 2018-05-27 16-09-40_01.jpg

Top Bottom