Cheapy workstand off ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

one of these:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...3&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&ndsp=21&tbs=isch:1

Bought one of these cheapy workstands off Ebay last week.

My initial reaction is that for the money they are not brilliant but not bad either. You have to lift the bike a fair height to mount it onto the stand, so if you are vertically challenged, or even short, this might be a small problem. The bike sits on it's bottom bracket in a plastic moulding on the stand, and the front tube sits in another channel moulding. It is held by a simple spring loaded hook. The spring on mine is weak and offers little security. An old toe clip strap around the bike's front tube and workstand arm solves that. The stand itself is fairly stable, but the bike lacks the solid fixed feel of better stands. Secured with a strap it is very stable fore and aft, but is not very solid side to side, although it wont fall off unless you are very careless. For occasional domestic use it seems OK, bearing in mind it's limitations and it's price point. If you do a lot of maintenance then perhaps a more professional bit of kit would be more suitable.

Points, I would give it 5 out of 10.

Saw this in an Italian Lidl recently.

10 euros. Damn cheap and definitely an awful lot of heavy metal for your money.

But it looked like a real pig - seemed you'd spend the first bit of your maintenance fighting to put the stand together.

Top Bottom