checking frame after an accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

okeydokey79

hi everyone,last month i was just about to get some work done to the rear end of my carrera when 2days before when travelling to work my rear derrailer sheared off(think due to freewheel seizing up) snapping the chain getting stuck in the spokes and snapping a couple,looked like it was going cost a bit but came across a bike(same as mine just a 52cm and only 4 weeks old) on ebay that had got damaged front forks but all the back end was ok.so brought it and swapped rear wheel, cassette, chain. rear derrailer over.also removed both brakes sets off it.also looked at swapping the front chainrings over as mine have had nearly 3yrs of wear but due to the dummy bolts holding mine on i have not.so the question is i am thinking of selling the chainrings and also the frame minus the forks, is there a way of checking the frame is ok to sell ie not twisted.has a few little scratches the left pedal arm is bent but the right is ok.and also what would be a resonable price for the chain rings?frame if ok to sell? a bit of along post but thanks in advance.
matt

John Mayne

Hi,

I'd be very careful about a Carrera. I was knocked off my bike after a side impact from another cyclist and the stress fractures on the frame wouldn't show.... John

Top Bottom