Cheeky Vimto.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

I used to drink blackcurrant hooch or other blackcurrant flavoured alco pop with a shot of dark rum served in a tall glass with ice.
Mmmmm.

walker

Whatever happened to hooch?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When I was a barman back in the 80s (forra bit, anyway) the local Yoof (in Norfampton) used to drink Lager & Blackcurrant.... quite nice it was, too! :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Nice summer refresher that I used to get in Slovenia many years ago - a 'Bamboose' or 'MishMash': Merlot and Fanta ! Poured in properly (Fanta onto the red wine), it stays in two layers. Must be drunk through a straw.

Tastes lovely - in fact, I must make one at home next tie it's scorching outside as it's been over 5 years since I last had one !

walker

alecstilleyedye said:
Rolanda Hooch: taught broomstick flying to Hogwarts first years and was the referee of intramural Quidditch matches. She was described as having short grey hair and "yellow eyes like a hawk". The character was played by Zoë Wanamaker in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Sorry, I leave the Kids films and books to the kids:thumbsup:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
turner_et_hooch.jpg

After a brief career in the movie business, Hooch went on to set up a charity in aid of neutering and spaying humans.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Uncle Mort said:
To be honest Goo, it sound revolting, but as I'm up for a challenge I'll nick some of the kids' Fanta and give it a go tonight.

One question - which flavour Fanta is it that you use?

The original fizzy Orange Fanta. Make sure the Fanta and Merlot are nice and chilled first.

It does sound weird, but it's actually lovely on a very hot day. Very refreshing.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Cold bottled Guinness + Coke or Guinness shandy are both very good summer drinks. You can do a good pub trick with the shandy, get half a pint of lemonade (in a pint glass) then very slowly pour in a bottle of Guinness and it will rest on top of the lemonade. Don't use draught Guinness! It will be very messy!

Other good Guinness mixers are barley wine, blackcurrant. lime, port (as already mentioned) orange juice, peppermint, lager, brown ale and cider.

Top Bottom