1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheers guys

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by yorkshiregoth, 30 Aug 2007.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

After yesterday debacle of being unable to continue cycling I managed to clock up 84 miles today, not quite the century but close enough. I was partly assisted up the A4 by drafting a couple of guys who said they were on their way to Gloucester. One was riding a black Colnago Primavera and the other guy had a Condor and was wearing Team Discovery Strip.

At first I wasn't sure why one of them kept pointing left and right until I realised he was pointing out potholes etc so thanks for that, it makes a nice change.

Was it any of you guys:?

2. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Unable to continue cycling??!?!?

3. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

too exhausted!

4. Pete

Pete Guest

Normal practice and courtesy when riding in a group. As a 'loner' most of the time, I too need to get into the habit whenever I'm with someone - tend to 'forget' and think only of oneself ... ;)

Well done on your not-quite ton! Wish I had one of those (though I did 45 on Monday, quite enough...)

5. Maz

Maz Guru

84 miles...that's some distance.
    Y'see, that road you were on is called a 'ring road' for a reason - it goes round and round and round and round...

Well done, mate. I couldn't do that kind of distance.

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Well done yorkshiregoth, Eygpt next stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Possibly a question for Health and Fitness but given your collapse earlier in the week Goth, are there any longer term effects of a bonk? Is it just a 12 or 24 hour thing and you could be right as rain again the next morning? I know that's happened in the tour but I don't place any trust in those scenarios.

8. Pete

Pete Guest

I used to cycle through 'Egypt' quite often when I was living in Yorkshire (it's a little hamlet on the outskirts of Bradford).

9. PBancroft

PBancroft Senior Member

There's quite a few Egypts around the place. There's even one in Hampshire.

I wonder what the etymology of that is?

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

"There's quite a few Egypts around the place."
    Yes, but are they all sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!