Cheers guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
After yesterday debacle of being unable to continue cycling I managed to clock up 84 miles today, not quite the century but close enough. I was partly assisted up the A4 by drafting a couple of guys who said they were on their way to Gloucester. One was riding a black Colnago Primavera and the other guy had a Condor and was wearing Team Discovery Strip.

At first I wasn't sure why one of them kept pointing left and right until I realised he was pointing out potholes etc so thanks for that, it makes a nice change.

Was it any of you guys:?

Unable to continue cycling??!?!?

Pete

yorkshiregoth said:
At first I wasn't sure why one of them kept pointing left and right until I realised he was pointing out potholes etc so thanks for that, it makes a nice change.
Normal practice and courtesy when riding in a group. As a 'loner' most of the time, I too need to get into the habit whenever I'm with someone - tend to 'forget' and think only of oneself ... ;)

Well done on your not-quite ton! Wish I had one of those (though I did 45 on Monday, quite enough...)

Maz

Guru
84 miles...that's some distance.
Y'see, that road you were on is called a 'ring road' for a reason - it goes round and round and round and round...

Well done, mate. I couldn't do that kind of distance.

Tetedelacourse

Possibly a question for Health and Fitness but given your collapse earlier in the week Goth, are there any longer term effects of a bonk? Is it just a 12 or 24 hour thing and you could be right as rain again the next morning? I know that's happened in the tour but I don't place any trust in those scenarios.

Pete

Keith Oates said:
Well done yorkshiregoth, Eygpt next stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to cycle through 'Egypt' quite often when I was living in Yorkshire (it's a little hamlet on the outskirts of Bradford).

PBancroft

Pete said:
I used to cycle through 'Egypt' quite often when I was living in Yorkshire (it's a little hamlet on the outskirts of Bradford).

There's quite a few Egypts around the place. There's even one in Hampshire.

I wonder what the etymology of that is?

Top Bottom