cheshire cat sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not sure - Mow Cop towards the end - it's not that hard - remember doing it a few times, but after a rather large mileage.....

trio25

Über Member
I've entered the long route. I've not yet done 100miles so I'm expecting it to be a challenge. Hopefully I'll also be wearing a cyclechat jersey.

Did Mow Cop yesterday.

A nice woman in a Merc A-class waited for me to zig-zag up past the parked car on the final steep 80 yard 1-in-4 bit
(so she should, it was parked on her side and she was coming down the hill, but I was glad she did as I was using all my side of the road !)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's just the final bit that's bad isn't it........ did it in a 42x21 last time I went up - some years ago....have a 39x21 now, but guess I'd need a 39x23 after a number of miles...

I generally only do up to 50 miles as I get bored on my own, and it's usually a very hilly circuit, so could possibly stretch to the 97 mile one ???? Or might be safer with the short one....

trio25

Über Member
I'm hoping to get out and try it once before the day, want to know what I'm letting myself in for.

trio25

Über Member
I got up and rode mow cop last weekend. Only did 20miles before it, but now at least I know what I'm expecting. Was glad to get up it!

P3020010.JPG

RedBike

I rode it for the first time today.

My mate sprinted off up the hill and stopped, camera ready, by the pub. There was no way I was going to give him the satisfaction of taking a photo of me with my foot down.

longers

Legendary Member
Any pics to post here Redbike?

All being well a couple of us are going to have a look next weekend. The rest of the route is flattish on the whole though isn't it?

trio25

Über Member
Why has my picture not worked, all I can see is a box with a red cross in it? It is on blog, but you'll have to scroll down a bit.

I was also struggling, but was so happy I made it.

Top Bottom