Cheshire cats sportive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am thinking of entering it next year. Has anyone ever done it and what is the route like? I intend to do the 50 miles one.

Last edited:
Done it a few times. One year the long one was flat for the first half and then over every hill in Christendom in the second half. It was awful and not been back since.

It all depends on the route really. Does this go up Mow Cop ?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Done it a few times. One year the long one was flat for the first half and then over every hill in Christendom in the second half. It was awful and not been back since.

It all depends on the route really. Does this go up Mow Cop ?
Why the hell would anyone want to ride up Mow Cop? It was bad enough in my Smart Car.

Big John

Guru
It used to be used for the running event 'The Killer Mile' every year. No idea if that's still going. We started at the level crossing at the bottom, went up past the pub on the steepest bit and finished after turning left at the top and carrying on for about 50 yards. Your entry fee allowed you to run more than one race so some folks did as many as they could squeeze in. Nutcases 🤪

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I did it back in 2013 and don't think the route's changed much since then. It was mostly nice country roads, although with one dangerous descent over a level crossing on the long route. Mow Cop is OK as long as you take it steady.

The short route's gentle and should be OK for most.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Done it myself too - I wouldn't get up Mow Cop any more though ! Don't have the gears.

Top Bottom