cheshire TLI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Guru
Good to hear he didn't break his collar bone. Most of them looked more dazed and confused than seriously injured. I was doing the lead car and watched the peleton chasing down the lone break. I saw them going like bats out of hell. I drive through the finish and parked the car. When I got out to walk up to the race organiser at the finish line it was chaos. In that split second I'd taken my eye off the race it was carnage. Having done my marshalling stint I'll be racing next week. I bloody hope there's not a repeat performance ;)

steve23

thats the reason i didnt race. you could tell something was going to happen!!! that course is dodgy at the best of times, let alone in the pouring rain!!!

steve23

its a good place to learn road races, as its so flat. but the road surfaces are pretty poor, full of holes and very un-even. means when its wet it deadly. thats why i sat that one out.

also the surface on the finishing straight is like riding on cobbles it so rough!!!

Big John

Guru
Crap weather forecast again for May 5th so more of the same by the looks of it. I hope it stays dry though. See you all there on Tuesday.

Big John

Guru
May 5th - Wet and windy again but warmer than last week. Now three seperate races and not two, to make things hopefully safer with smaller numbers. It must have worked because to my knowledge there were no major incidents. Enjoyed the race, finished in the bunch but lost my drinks bottle (and still full of drink!) on lap one when I hit a pothole. Lots of attacks, lots of incident and great sport. Roll on next Tuesday.

Dave5N

Über Member
Big John said:
May 5th - Wet and windy again but warmer than last week. Now three seperate races and not two, to make things hopefully safer with smaller numbers. It must have worked because to my knowledge there were no major incidents. Enjoyed the race, finished in the bunch but lost my drinks bottle (and still full of drink!) on lap one when I hit a pothole. Lots of attacks, lots of incident and great sport. Roll on next Tuesday.

And presumably nobody finished behind? xx(

Dave5N

Über Member
(just having a laugh, don't mean it...)

Top Bottom