Chest pains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I did a hilly 35 miler this morning. Half way round I began to get chest pains. I slowed things right down and rode home. The pain came and went and at no point did it become too bad, just an ache. I have been home for an hour or so and the pain has gone but I now have real problems breathing. I honestly don't think it's my heart, although it's a dangerous thing to ignore it. I think I am going to have a shower and drive up to the NHS Walk In Centre and just get checked out. Probably turn out to be bronchitis (hopefully, compared to other things it could be).

TransientStates

Regular
Yes it could be anything so don't worry yourself sick but do take yourself to the walk in centre and get checked out! Good luck!

Berties

Fast and careful!
any chest pain the gp will organise an ecg ,this is the IA drill for any pain,even if you go with what appears to be heart burn ,get your self along to the drop in centre if your doctor won't see you today and if it is any thing to worry about they will refer you straight to the A+E,good luck,and get it checked out just for peace of mind:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What are you waiting for? Go checked out now! You will probably be ok, but just go. Let us know what the doc said.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Hope it turns out to be nothing mate.

Worth getting checked though.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
thanks all for the support, it is appreciated. As someone who had smoked for over 50 years and only quit four and a half years ago I naturally find chest pains a little worrying.

I went to the walk in centre who promptly sent me over to the A&E. Following an ECG, a chest X-Ray and a couple of blood tests they have decided my heart is in good condition and that I have a chest infection. I have come home with a weeks course of antibiotics and if that doesn't work I have to go to my GP (who will promptly send me back to the hospital!)

Top Bottom