Chicked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster1989

Chicked: -verb. The act of getting passed by a stronger woman athlete.
Have you ever been 'Chicked' or as a female have you 'Chicked' a male rider? How did you feel?

The other day I caught up with a rider whom at the time I didn't realise was female until I passed her. I was only going about my normal pace and passed the woman with ease but that must have spurred her on. Thinking I would breeze past her she stuck on my wheel. This then caused me to speed up as in my head I was thinking "I can't let this woman just sail past me," even though it would have had no consequences.

She must have been on my wheel for a good 5 miles and by this time I was shot. My legs had gone. The woman then peeled off, said thanks and was on her way. I then struggled for the rest of my ride just because I didn't want to get 'Chicked'.

I suppose it's not a bad thing after all.

Disclaimer: There's no aim for any sexist views in this post, I just came across this saying from a female member of the club I ride with and applied it to a few of my rides.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Passing a rider is the easy bit, staying ahead is the hard one!:whistle:

Steve H

Large Member
Happened quite a few times nothing to be ashamed of.

I was on a forum ride last April with @Dr_Pink and a number of others of this parish. Towards the end of the 100 miles we all attempted a sprint finish up the last mile of the summit finish. Now Dr_Pink is a strong female rider and considerably lighter than most of us. It is fair to say we were all 'well chicked'.

potsy

Rambler
Happened quite a few times nothing to be ashamed of.

I was on a forum ride last April with @Dr_Pink and a number of others of this parish. Towards the end of the 100 miles we all attempted a sprint finish up the last mile of the summit finish. Now Dr_Pink is a strong female rider and considerably lighter than most of us. It is fair to say we were all 'well chicked'.
You speak for yourself Steve, I set a pb up there that day (and still got nowhere near her) :tongue:

Poor Totallyfixed must get 'chicked' every time he goes out :whistle:

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Chicked, FFS, who comes up with this s***. Is there a Fogeyed, Youngstered, Metroed, Gayed........

Utter toss!

I got fogey-chicked on the way home just now as it goes. I was looking at my chain and next thing I know - wooosh.
I thought it probably impolite to stop and ask her her weight, orientation and place of birth to expand on that handle though.

oldroadman

Veteran
When you reach a certain point in life*, staying with a woman rider can be an achievement...and it's nice to ride with company who don't need a shave (usually..)!:eek:

*One which oldroadman has now reached after a long and undistinguished career trying hard to make a few £/$/€/etc!:bicycle:

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
To be honest I think the only time I ever concern myself with whether its a woman overtaking me is when deciding whether to stare at the passing Lycra clad arse.

I am sure this is reciprocated when men overtake women to a degree.

I don't think I will worry about being 'chicked' as most cyclists are quite tidy really.

And I am fecking slow.

And it sounds like a term from a bill and ted era film that I should probably forget...

Top Bottom