Children in Need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Elmer Fudd said:
"Contribute to children in need Sir ?"

"No thanks, I've got some at home ".
Funny thing, I once got exactly the same response when I was doing a door-to-door envelope job (ughhhh! never again!) for Help the Aged. Responses I got varied, but typical was "Help the bl**dy Aged? Help me, I'm Aged!"

ajevans

A work colleague is in a brass band and their bookings go up through the roof on this night as everyone tries to avoid watching TV!

ajevans

A work colleague is in a brass band and their bookings go up through the roof on this night as everyone tries to avoid watching TV!

Pete said:
Isn't that Comic Relief? Mind you, I don't really know the difference (CR only comes round every two years I think?).

Here at work we're in the middle of a sponsored Dress Down Friday. Nothing remarkable about that, we have a Dress Down Friday every Friday so what's the big deal?, but this one is declared to be a 'special' and you're supposed to pay for it! Normally I don't do DDF, I wear the same sort of clothes every day at work, but this time I opted to come in in mufti and drop a couple of one's in the tin. Eases my conscience a bit. ;)

I think cross-dressing Fridays would be more interesting

Just turned the radio off at work 'cause all that children in need 'fun' was doing my head in.

Pete said:
Isn't that Comic Relief? Mind you, I don't really know the difference (CR only comes round every two years I think?).

Here at work we're in the middle of a sponsored Dress Down Friday. Nothing remarkable about that, we have a Dress Down Friday every Friday so what's the big deal?, but this one is declared to be a 'special' and you're supposed to pay for it! Normally I don't do DDF, I wear the same sort of clothes every day at work, but this time I opted to come in in mufti and drop a couple of one's in the tin. Eases my conscience a bit. ;)

I think cross-dressing Fridays would be more interesting

Just turned the radio off at work 'cause all that children in need 'fun' was doing my head in.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
11pm seems a good time to tune in...
From 11pm: The Newsroom Hots Up
Fiona Bruce leads the BBC newsreaders as they get steamy in Chicago
home_fiona.gif

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
11pm seems a good time to tune in...
From 11pm: The Newsroom Hots Up
Fiona Bruce leads the BBC newsreaders as they get steamy in Chicago
home_fiona.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
It's just another facet of charity emotional blackmail advertising that I am sick to death of seeing on TV. My heart strings have gone off in a strop ...

Bah humbug!

Blackmail only works if you give in to it. You can choose to ignore it. Meanwhile, even if it is blackmail, it gets a lot of folk who otherwise wouldn't bother, to give a little of their extraneous cash to a good cause...

I'm afraid, unfashionable as it probably is, I like seeing TV people like the newsreaders, Eastenders, etc doing stuff that's different and a bit fun, so I'll probably have it on all evening. Except at 10, when I'll turn over for the Children in Need special QI.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
It's just another facet of charity emotional blackmail advertising that I am sick to death of seeing on TV. My heart strings have gone off in a strop ...

Bah humbug!

Blackmail only works if you give in to it. You can choose to ignore it. Meanwhile, even if it is blackmail, it gets a lot of folk who otherwise wouldn't bother, to give a little of their extraneous cash to a good cause...

I'm afraid, unfashionable as it probably is, I like seeing TV people like the newsreaders, Eastenders, etc doing stuff that's different and a bit fun, so I'll probably have it on all evening. Except at 10, when I'll turn over for the Children in Need special QI.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think it's great, you don't have to participate, it raises around £30 million for good childrens causes across the nation.
I fail to see how that can be a bad thing?

Sometimes we need our consciences pricked to realise how fortunate we are compared to the lot of others.
Good on the BBC.
Good on those that have made some amazing bids on the Wogan show in the morning, good on those who are doing something to improve the life of another.
Restores some of my faith in human nature, even if it is for 1 night only.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think it's great, you don't have to participate, it raises around £30 million for good childrens causes across the nation.
I fail to see how that can be a bad thing?

Sometimes we need our consciences pricked to realise how fortunate we are compared to the lot of others.
Good on the BBC.
Good on those that have made some amazing bids on the Wogan show in the morning, good on those who are doing something to improve the life of another.
Restores some of my faith in human nature, even if it is for 1 night only.

Bigtallfatbloke

In our house we make an evening of it...get in some food etc watch it all night and we donate via the telphone credit card thing...it is a worthwhile cause and one to be supported.

Bigtallfatbloke

In our house we make an evening of it...get in some food etc watch it all night and we donate via the telphone credit card thing...it is a worthwhile cause and one to be supported.

Top Bottom