Children in Need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

I wonder which of the presenters will be getting paid this year.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:

They're doing a job, just like the people who work for any charity above the level of shop volunteers etc.

I'm fairly sure (although I stand to be corrected, if I'm wrong), that the cameramen, soundmen etc will be paid?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:

They're doing a job, just like the people who work for any charity above the level of shop volunteers etc.

I'm fairly sure (although I stand to be corrected, if I'm wrong), that the cameramen, soundmen etc will be paid?

NO NO NO. It's all wrong, just institutionalised blackmail intended to salve the conscience of those who can't be bothered to actually choose a charity they believe in and arrange to support it on a regular basis.

NO NO NO. It's all wrong, just institutionalised blackmail intended to salve the conscience of those who can't be bothered to actually choose a charity they believe in and arrange to support it on a regular basis.

Smeggers

A nice night in with a pirated copy of a Ratatouile for me.

Terry Wogan can go shag himself.

wafflycat

Whilst CiN is a worthy cause, it's Sir Wogan that puts me off. I've grown tired of the annual *nagging* for ever more money and ever bigger donations. One year (can't remember exactly which one) I switched off, as Sir Tel was being thoroughly *awful* in his pleading, nagging, emotional blackmailing that about there not being enough money in and how we all had to 'dig deeper'. I admit to having compassion fatigue as regards CiN.

And considering it came out (last year/this year?) that Sir Tel gets paid several thousands for his night's work (£1300 per hour), it put me right off. ;) Okay, so post it becoming public, IIRC, it was announced that Sir Tel apparently knew naught about his earnings from the night in that 'he'd never asked for it' one has to wonder about how much of the donations are going from those who can ill afford to part with their dosh funding not kids in need of help, but those adults who are actually much wealthier & healthier than those parting with their cash. I'm entirely happy to support various worthy causes, but not Sir Tel's fees for the event, so to speak.

If that makes me a grumpy old fart, so be it!

Top Bottom