Children Of Men

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A few years ago, I read a book by called "The Ambassador" by Edwina Curry. I have read some P D James' books and think people might like that one, which I think is in/of ? the same "genre".

Thank you, we do not need any replies along the lines of it being an "Eggselent" book.;)

NickM

Veteran
The film: its evocation of the South of England of the near future, overrun with migrant camps, their occupants barely contained by the military, I found so completely convincing that it seems a likelier future than any alternative.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You mention the "film", is that the Children of Men, or is there a film of "The Ambassador".

I read the article you quoted, but realised I would need to print it off to read more closely.

When I got to the point he makes about most people, after recovering from work-related exhaustion, wish to act, it reflects my current situation.
I will be seeking out the book it comes from, possibly from the library.
Thanks for this extremely interesting post.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just watched the film on DVD and was pretty amazed by some of the long scenes shot in one take, especially the one in the car when it was attacked. I couldn't think how they managed to film it so for once I watched the bonus material on the DVD and all was revealed - very clever! The battle of Bexhill was spectacular as well. At one point, some red stuff got on the camera lens (blood ;)?) but the scene was obviously too long and complicated to reshoot so it stayed in.

There's an interesting interview with Clive Owen about the film here.

Top Bottom