Children of the 70's unite.........................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My first bike was a Malvern Star* chopper-style, back in 1975 :smile:. If my parents realised what they were doing when they put that bike in the living room so I could see it when I got up, they probably would have hesitated about giving it to me :laugh:.

* Bicycle manufacturer that started in Melbourne in 1902.

Bleedin' youngsters!

I'll see your black pump and raise you a monkey boot

grafters-b430bd-mens-leather-eyelet-monkey-14157-5598_zoom.jpg

by the time you'd worn 'em in, you'd grown out of 'em!

I'll raise with a pair of these

il_fullxfull.275738893.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I was there^_^
We played outside and didnt give a crap about brand names, god remember those awful black pumps
Oh I dunno... Hai Karate, Old Spice, Watney's Party 7. Of course i'm far too young for all of those... but it had to be proper Action Man, not one of those cheap action doll's from Oobie-Doo*.

I remember wanting nothing but a Nottingham Forest football kit for my 9th birthday... I don't think i've told my parents, but the bog standard red football shirt and white shorts, lacking any form of Nottingham Forest branding was slightly disappointing :shy:.

*yes, we had a shop called Oobie-Doo

on the road

Über Member
Oh I remember the 70's, I remember throwing a stone at a bobby on the beat, getting him to chase me and then getting me mum to give him a mouthful for picking on a little kid :whistle:

Mum: "did you throw a stone at the police man?"

Me: "no"
3504_zps9d8a0965.gif

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Pfft!, But you lot missed 'Journey into Space' on the BBC Light programme.
Don't dare Google it, you'll soil your pants.

:biggrin:

not if you fall asleep to radio 7 (4extra if you're a modernist)... do they really have to repeat it every 6 months!?!?! :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
not if you fall asleep to radio 7 (4extra if you're a modernist)... do they really have to repeat it every 6 months!?!?! :biggrin:
Ah well, it looks as if the joke has backfired on me^_^.
Radio 7 (or 4extra) were unknown to me, I fall asleep to the fine tunes of Mr Anderson on Radio Scotland. haven't heard Journey into Space since the original broadcast in the 50s, I was very young at the time.:biggrin:
I wish you happy listening:smile:.

gbb

Legendary Member
I came across this pic on a FB page of our town, and as a 70's child from a Northern town it really struck a chord. I can sense the fun these guys have either just had or are just about to go and find.

Capped off by the bikes, yes Choppers were shocking, but of their time, definitely :becool:

482274_555880951111888_1152824038_n.jpg
Why do we always look scruffy gits in 70s photos ? :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
Hand me downs and jumble sales.
Both for me i seem to remember :blush:
Blimey, 2nd hand clothes that looked crap when they were new...what chance did we have second time round . ?:laugh:

TBF, i remember spending a fortune on clothes and shoes as a teenager, Loons (impossibly flared trousers) and cheesecloth shirts and improbably high soled shoes..
Then came Oxford bags, high waisted, the more pockets the better, Doc Martin boots and leather bomber jackets...all done in the best possssssible taste :becool: :whistle:

Top Bottom