1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children these days...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by andyoxon, 4 Feb 2008.

1. andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

Mini andyoxons... "Let's tickle Daddy", "Yeah", "No let's torture him..."

Anyway, I got off lightly in the end ...after a few choruses of "I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves..." :smile:

2. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Jeeez...my son used to jump on my back and shove his fingers in each side of my mouth...and PULLLLLLLLL till i looked like a wide mouthed frog :tongue::ohmy:

Christ it hurt like hell :smile:

Mind, that aint as bad as a few lines of Joe Pasquales torture song...

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Mine just knee me in the knackers every time they climb on my lap.

4. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Mine just go shopping

5. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Mine too...and one of them's a proto-goth, any colour you like as long as it's black :smile:

6. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

Not having children myself, and on the theme of torture, at what age do you think yours are finally going to leave home?

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Not a father, but I have certainly learnt from assorted young 'uns I've looked after that a cricket box is essential when playing 'rough and tumble'!

8. OP
    OP
    andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

I know how dangerous it can be to dose off in a chair, and have them come flying through the air into your lap, knees first... :tongue::smile:

9. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

I've just read this thread to my husband. He tells me there is a website which gives you a series of questions which works out how many five year olds you can take on in a fight. He claims it says he could take on 25 of them.
    Having seen him with his two boys when they were younger I think this is a vast exaggeration...

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

When the money runs out I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

And the URL is????

12. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Mine has semi-left home at age 18. He's at the local university and lives in hall of residence. It works well - he's far enough away that he's got independence, but close enough that we keep in touch regularly. He also comes home at holiday periods and we see him when we transport him to & from cycling events. We get along and I think he's quite civilised, so perhaps we're unusual!

Mind you, he is a keen cyclist so it's obvious he has been brought up correctly :tongue:

13. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Mine are 18 and 20 respectively and show no signs of wanting to leave home. The younger, my daughter is on the final stages of her A levels and my son is in full time employment with the Herts police. Bring the medicine matron.:tongue:

14. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

Sod the ante natal classes, just get every expectant father to complete this!!

15. radger

radger Über Member