Chilliblast PCs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rykard

Veteran
OOh watching this with interest, I am goin gto be looking for a new system in a couple of months, I am thinking sandy bridge too... budget around £750..

I reckon you could pick up the hardware & OS for this unit for about £500 posted ( a bit less if you get lightly used off eBay).

mark barker

Slightly off topic, but is all this processing power really needed? I marvel at some of the latest offerings in the tech world, but often think that they're being introduced just to keep the marketplace active. For the average home user, would they genuinely notice the performance difference of say a £300 machine and a £600 one, or would the limiting factors of software and user ability mask them?

Dan B

Disengaged member
Slightly off topic, but is all this processing power really needed?

Fair question. For web browsing and email, no: for demanding games or editing your home videos, maybe yes: for most other activities the answer is somewhere in between.

I reckon you could pick up the hardware & OS for this unit for about £500 posted ( a bit less if you get lightly used off eBay).

A quick google and sums has me totalling over 550 quid from uk suppliers without HDD\cables\PSU or even postage.

That makes it a good deal, also see Beanzontoast's thread as he also found a great deal on a similiar spec pc.
(Not with Chillblast's proven reputation, but still looks very good vfm.)

Bigsharn

Veteran
Slightly off topic, but is all this processing power really needed?

Depending on the user and what they use it for, no.

Personally I do a lot of photoshop work and computer gaming so an i5-i7 rig would be ideal (Hell, my laptop is a quad core) but even a heavily used file server/torrent box cope fine on a dual core Atom.

Top Bottom