Chilly Crown Jewels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
As the temperatures continue to drop i'm starting to make a sensible transition from autumn to winter kit. One thing i've never really solved though is how to keep my 'crown jewels' warm.

Currently my winter bottoms consist of a pair of FDX winter thermal (allegedly) bib longs but me sensitive areas are, at temps close to 0c, either frozen white or numb when i get to work these days.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem by way of better clothing recommendations?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Look at the functionality of this one.

383D5427-CCF4-4CEA-914A-82FB02E10558.jpeg

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I draw the OP's attention to Rule #5 :whistle:

Nufab

Über Member
I had this problem last year... and after a 40min ride to work in the rain at about 2C, I had very sore thighs from the wind chill...

I bought some Pearl Izumi Elite Amfib bib tights. They don’t have a pad, so I can wear them a fair bit before they need a wash as I stick them over my bib shorts. They have neoprene panels to keep the rain off and are mega warm. They also have a section at the bottom that pulls down over your boots or overshoes to stop the rain running into them.

They were about £60 and are probably the best piece of clothing I’ve bought for the commute.

Top Bottom